Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 307 : June 17 - June 23

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: the thread is here for Jan - Jun 2017.

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).
(tarot only)

Deck of the Week Tarot Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum (Oracles and combined Tarot & Oracle readings)

Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Alcohol Tarot
2. Rose Lalonde - Tabula Mundi Tarot & Jolanda Tarot
3. page of ghosts - Deviant Moon Tarot
4. EmpyreanKnight -Barbara Walker & Smith-Waite Centennial & Golden Universal Tarot & Kabbalah Cards
5. BodhiSeed - Bodhiseed - Anna K Tarot & Meditation Cards
6. Trogon - Hermetic Tarot (Dowson)
7. Scarlet Woodland - Tarot of the Sidhe & Halloween Tarot & Halloween Oracle
8. Luxa - Dame Darcy's Mermaid Tarot & Chrysalis & Victorian Fairy Tarot
9. Morewenna - Fairy Tarot & Tarot of the Gnomes
10. AJ - Lovers Path Tarot (Kris Waldherr)
11. RiverRunsDeep - Robin Wood Tarot & Sea Whispers Oracle
12. Carojulie - Hudes Tarot
13. lantana - Slow Holler Tarot & Prisma Visions Tarot
14. Ballerina - Bohemian Gothic
15. Amberjune - Medicine Woman Tarot & Earthbound Oracle
16. DaughterOfDanu - Herbal Tarot & Herbal Healing Deck

VGimlet

Next week I'm in with the Alcohol Tarot, a novelty deck, mostly, but I thought it was kind of fun. :smoker:

Rose Lalonde

Sad at our house this past week, so I got behind on reading everyone's DotW posts. TM 4 of Swords was a good card for the week. Posted yesterday in daily draws.

This week Tabula Mundi Tarot & Jolanda Tarot (if the latter arrives in trade before week's end)

Thanks, VG

VGimlet

Sad at our house this past week, so I got behind on reading everyone's DotW posts. TM 4 of Swords was a good card for the week. Posted yesterday in daily draws.

This week Tabula Mundi Tarot & Jolanda Tarot (if the latter arrives in trade before week's end)

Thanks, VG

Sorry for your sad week, been there. :( My thoughts are with your family.

page of ghosts

Rose Lalonde, so cool that you're doing the Jolanda :D

I just got mine this week from a tarot shop in Oslo and I'm waiting for the Swedish book. The site I'm ordering from is kinda slow so I don't think I'll have it untill maybe next week though. I'm not sure if I wanna play with it before I get the book, it's a very different deck for sure. Gotta say that I love the moose in the Sun card and (I imagine it is) the pet dragon of the King of Swords!

This week I take a break from the RWS and bring out a much neglected deck: The Deviant Moon. I love the artwork and wish I had the book even if it's very close to the RWS - for decks with interesting art I always feel like I'd appreciate the artist and/or creators thoughts. I've always complained I couldn't shuffle it properly because it's too long, I have the borderless edition, but guess what? The Medieval Scapini is a little longer and I found I can shuffle it just fine so I think my hands have become more adept. So no more complaining about the shuffling, the 1 thing that's kept me from using this deck :cool:

This is a good format for the list in the 1st post, yes? :

page of ghosts - Deviant Moon Tarot

EmpyreanKnight

Barbara Walker Tarot + Smith-Waite Centennial Tarot

BodhiSeed

Bodhiseed - Anna K Tarot & Meditation Cards

Thanks VG! :heart: Hope all the DoWers have a nice weekend! :)

Trogon

So sorry about the sad week Rose. Those just slow us down from everything. I hope things are looking up soon.

This week I take a break from the RWS and bring out a much neglected deck: The Deviant Moon. I love the artwork and wish I had the book even if it's very close to the RWS - for decks with interesting art I always feel like I'd appreciate the artist and/or creators thoughts. I've always complained I couldn't shuffle it properly because it's too long, I have the borderless edition, but guess what? The Medieval Scapini is a little longer and I found I can shuffle it just fine so I think my hands have become more adept. So no more complaining about the shuffling, the 1 thing that's kept me from using this deck :cool:

This is a good format for the list in the 1st post, yes? :

page of ghosts - Deviant Moon Tarot

Deviant Moon is one of my favorite decks! I've always gotten good, often deep and sometimes rather sarcastic readings from it.

For me, I'm going to go with my other new deck; The Hermetic Tarot (Godfrey Dowson). I've definitely been enjoying working with the Tarot Illuminati that I bought at the same time. But it is time for a break from both the RWS and all those bright colors. :D

Trogon - Hermetic Tarot (Dowson)

Scarlet Woodland

I let last week's deck pick this week's first deck and it led me to Tarot of the Sidhe, for something visionary and inuitive. Tried her out with a few decks and the Sidhe and Halloween Tarot are suddenly the best of friends :) Will be great to have a solid RW in the mix and the Halloween is ridiculously cute. Rounding things out with the Halloween Oracle. Ah colour, how I missed you :D

Scarlet Woodland - Tarot of the Sidhe & Halloween Tarot & Halloween Oracle

Do love a bit of Samhain in summer.

Rose Lalonde

Sorry for your sad week, been there. :( My thoughts are with your family.

So sorry about the sad week Rose. Those just slow us down from everything. I hope things are looking up soon.

Thank you both, VG and Trogon. :) I appreciate it. Happens to all of us sometimes. I'm sorry too for your past loss, VG.

Rose Lalonde, so cool that you're doing the Jolanda :D

I just got mine this week from a tarot shop in Oslo and I'm waiting for the Swedish book. The site I'm ordering from is kinda slow so I don't think I'll have it untill maybe next week though. I'm not sure if I wanna play with it before I get the book, it's a very different deck for sure. Gotta say that I love the moose in the Sun card and (I imagine it is) the pet dragon of the King of Swords!

Hey, page of ghosts! Yes, the art reminds me of books and cartoons from my childhood, and with some nice symbolic touches to keep me from underestimating it, so when a trade opportunity came up here, I jumped. Like you with the book, I probably won't receive the deck this week, so it was an optimistic addition to my post. We can anticipate and enjoy at pretty much the same time. :)