Why would you want to know if some one is gay?

Zephyros

tarotbear said:
My problem with threads such as these, as I have stated in other ways on some heated threads, is that it is very easy for the unscrupulous to 'corrupt' such knowledge into something it is not supposed to be. By that, I mean people who are just too damn nosey for their own business, want to 'out' someone to embarass them, or other such 'intrusive' ways to use this knowledge should a 'certain couple of cards' come up in a spread that 'guarantees' that the person being read for is gay.

Whatever the reading would show, I doubt I would believe a reading in whch I was told that a certain some one was gay. That question is too akin to being told of a tall, dark stranger. But then, that goes for any other reading. Does anyone here believe, blindly, whatever they see in a reading?

Sulis

Tarotbear said:
Some things are better left alone.

My thoughts exactly.

I've said this before and this applies to real life situations not involving tarot and to tarot readings.
It's my opinion that if someone who is gay wants you to know that they are gay then they will tell you. If they don't then it's none of your business.

Love

Sulis xx

Sophie

tarotbear said:
I feel sorry for men who got married and had kids and then in their 40s decided to stop "living the lie." So many people will get hurt by that action.
Yes, you are right, it is sad - but at least they are honest at last. I feel sorry for their wives (or husbands in the case of gay women). Do you understand that they might want to know if they suspect, not to out, but because their husband's sexuality is very much their business? However, I can't, and won't try, to pretend to the kind of knowledge you have. The best I can do is to behave as Closrapexa suggests: to agree (inside not only verbally) that being gay is one of the ways of being normal, and treat my gay friends and relatives in harmony with those beliefs. I was brought up that way, so it is not difficult.

To me, it is love that matters, not who one loves (although if it's a serial killer of any kind of sexual orientation I'd worry!! I would definitely want to know that ;))

Sophie

Sulis said:
I've said this before and this applies to real life situations not involving tarot and to tarot readings.
It's my opinion that if someone who is gay wants you to know that they are gay then they will tell you. If they don't then it's none of your business.
It's your business if you are married to them or going out with them.

rainwolf

I think if anyone ever asks these questions again, only one post should be left and that of a referral to a 'search' of "gay" and "what cards suggest".

Better yet, when one joins they should read a disclaimer in the rules section saying that the question should not be posted because there are already enough threads made to answer the question.

rainwolf

Sulis said:

Sometimes they want you to know but do not know the cosequences of the action they are pondering to persue. There may be times when they are glad they are not 'out', but being out to one person does not mean they are out to the whole world. Some people stay 'in' because they are not sure how 'out' they would be if they told anyone even if they would want some people to know.

jumptothemoonyea

Why would you want to know if some one is gay?
here is what I think "Why?" :

• sex is fun to do or talk about :*:D
  • natural curiosity about hidden
  • Gender is not defined by physical gender. Some women are masculine, and some men are more feminine in essence
  • True Love is not about physical body. The Higher Self does not have (or does? :)) gender. When 2 spirits merge - gender, age, nationality - do not matter
  • until people will measure everything by it's form and not by it's true essence this question will be important

Moongold

I, too, am tired of these discussions in this forum. They are not intelligent.

Tell me this, those of you who want to know what cards show a person is gay, are you simply going to accept someone else's opinion and use it as your own? What does that say about you as a Tarot reader? You will go off and parrot someone else's view that the Knight of Pentacles symbolises a butch lesbian and the Queen of Cups symbolizes a feminine man. Why not get your information from the Women's Weekly instead?

I'd like to make a suggestion. Study the symbolism and the iconography of the cards. Read widely, live richly, observe people. Make mistakes....Be kind to people. Those sorts of things might ...just might... make you a special person and maybe.....just maybe ..... a good Tarot reader.

I don't believe you can be a good Tarot reader unless you are open to life ... Tarot is just a part.... a minor part.... of your life. I truly believe that many things can be understood just through experience, empathy, openness and the capacity to observe and love people.

Tarot is simply the capacity to use and build on those qualities to understand and work with people. It's the capacity to use universal symbols and archetypes to understand the world we live in and how and why people act the way they do. It's building on life experience and understanding you already have. If you spend some time learning about life this way you may not need to ask somebody else what cards mean a person is gay. It may not be all that important in the wider scheme of things. When you're getting to know people you might simply begin to see them as people with a whole lot of other qualities one of which may be a preference for his or her own sex.

I am really fed up with this kind of question and beginning to be very curious about the motivation, ignorance and lack of sensitivity of people who ask it. These things signify the kind of attitude that makes life very difficult sometimes for gay people to live with acceptance and ease in this world.

Please do not expect any apologies for my irritation.

WhiteRaven

Sulis said:
My thoughts exactly.

Love

Sulis xx

I completely agree with the above statement and I also stand by MoonGold's commentary as well.

WR

MeeWah

Love has NO GENDER.