Why would you want to know if some one is gay?

Zephyros

Well said MeeWah!!! And Moongold, I agree with ever word that you have said. But I started this thread in order to get a final answer to the question that was asked so many times, but was never really answered. Waht motivates people to do such readings, and for that matter, if they are at all effective.

rainwolf

What motivates people is the need for someone special in their life.

Knight of Wands

I think questions like that or ok, but not if they are intended to be malicious. For example if you are worried and want to help...then its ok....in my view anyway...

Flidais

I apologize for my confusion in the other post. I did not read the reply carefully enough. As to motive for asking such a question (the original point of the thread), I agree with jumptothemoonyea that there are various reasons, different ones for different people, like anything else.

Moongold

closrapexa said:
Well said MeeWah!!! And Moongold, I agree with ever word that you have said. But I started this thread in order to get a final answer to the question that was asked so many times, but was never really answered. Waht motivates people to do such readings, and for that matter, if they are at all effective.

I understand this, closapexa, but we will never get a final answer because people will continue to ask it and their motivations and needs will always be different.

And we will continue to answer these questions about sexuality - sexual choices and sexual preferences - as we have done, some of us, for decades.

And sometimes our words reach someone who really needs to hear them, and to whom they bring relief, identification and a sense of coming home.

Yes ...... we will continue to answer the questions. :). We might also become more discerning about who and how we answer. Sometimes I wonder what impact these discussions actually have on people. We have no way of knowing whether people actually hear or whether the words imply echo in cyberspace. Or people cling to their existing knowledge and prejudice because that, at this stage of their lives, is safe and familiar.

And the debates around the purpose and ethics of reading will also continue, as they should. And this question around reading for sexual preference definitely belongs there, I think.

sunflowr

For you professional readers on here: Have you actually gotten this question before from a client? If so, what did you do? Or is this mostly just something being asked here in the forum?

Moongold

sunflowr said:
For you professional readers on here: Have you actually gotten this question before from a client? If so, what did you do? Or is this mostly just something being asked here in the forum?

Here is some background reading for you sunflowr. Enjoy :). If you did a search yourself you would definitely find more.

The "Search" function can be found at the top of this page. It's best if you look under the "Advanced Search" option and key the word "Gay" in the obvious place. It's also useful to sort by thread because you then get more accessible material. These were on the first five pages but there another fifteen pages that I did not look at.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=42749&highlight=Gay
MartynUK

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=36506&highlight=Gay
rainwolf

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=40527&highlight=Gay
rainwolf

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=37669&highlight=Gay
fotofile

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=33959&highlight=gay
gargoyle_guarded

Emeraldgirl

MeeWah said:
Love has NO GENDER.

Exactly what i was going to say.

It is none of my business that a person is gay, straight, bi or someone who has sworn off love and sex and relationships. It is however my business if I am in a committed relationship and my partner shares the love so to speak outside of the relationship once again regardless of who the person they are sharung it with. Would I ask about adultery or people comming between me and my fiance? Yes? Would it hurt any more of less if he came out afterwards? I don't think so and therefore it's not my business who he cheats on me with only that cheats on me (In which case I walk). Just my $0.02.

rainwolf

I remember this as a post by Diana, and I found it helpful. I'm posting it again as a reminder of the good the cards can bring about 'finding something out' in pure intentions:
Diana said:
I think it can be very important. As a Bach Flower Therapist, I had a client whom I knew instinctively that his problems came from his denial of his sexual orientation. But my instinct can be wrong. I can't treat and help someone heal if I am wrong... I asked him. He denied it.

But with both instinct and cards, I can be pretty sure of where I am going. The cards told me my instinct was right. So I treated him with the remedies that allowed him to accept who he was and not feel guilty about it.

When one is dealing with a client, or a querent, one has to get to the bottom of things, or else we are doing them a disfavour.

As to tarotbear's post where he says that one must never use the cards to diagnose an illness! Why not, for heaven's sake??? I can understand that in America people get sued left right and centre for things like that, and that this is a big deterrent, but there is nothing MORALLY wrong in diagnosing illness. The origin of illness is usually emotional then mental, (I will go one step further here and say "always" emotional then mental.) By diagonising an illness, one can get to the root of the problem.

As to legal or financial advice. Well, there are more and more people in the financial field (maybe not in America) who actually go to tarologists for advice on financial dealings. If the Devil comes up in the Advice position, GO AND BUY THOSE SHARES!!!! (And give me a commission, please.)

The Tarot also gives better legal advice than most lawyers.

But the trouble is in the United States, you have your hands tied because everyone is always suing everyone else. We don't have that problem in Europe and I pray to the gods that we will never have it.
If Diana has a problem with me posting this, just ask me to remove it.

Moongold

Dear rainwolf ~

You need to follow your own conscience and sense of direction in how you use your Tarot cards. I wish you well and simply abstain from any further discussion about the use of Tarot in determining the sexual preference of others :). That is all I am concerned about. I see it more as a matter of privacy than good intentions. I guess there might always be competing issues.

To me there is no point in going over this discussion again.