How many decks?

How many decks are there in your collection?

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • 2 to 6

Votes: 43 13.8%
  • 7 to 20

Votes: 75 24.1%
  • 21 to 50

Votes: 78 25.1%
  • 51 to 80

Votes: 28 9.0%
  • 81 to 125

Votes: 23 7.4%
  • 126 to 200

Votes: 27 8.7%
  • 201 to 400

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • 401 to 500

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 501 to 650

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 651 to 800

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • 801 to 1000

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 1001 to 1200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over 1200

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

Alta

For the record, as gregory has now achieved 1000 decks, I edited the poll and removed one in her previous category and added one is the 1000 to 1200 category.

gregory

Jewel-ry said:
Merci, I do like to have a little tipple from time to time....hic :CL

So which is your favourite??
Deck or booze ??? hic :CL

huredriel

I'm amazed - I'm in the third category now - up to 8 decks (including one oracle though)

catlin

Ok, as there are ppl with more than 1200 decks I don't have to feel guilty for being in the 126-200 deck section LOL.

tarotbear

WoW! Can't believe there are three people with more than 1200 decks! What do they do with them all? :confused:

MareSaturni

tarotbear said:
WoW! Can't believe there are three people with more than 1200 decks! What do they do with them all? :confused:

The question is not what do they do...the question where do they STORE 1200 decks :cool:
I have 10 tarot decks and think it's a big collection already :D :D :D

~Yuko

tarotbear

miss_yuko said:
The question is not what do they do...the question where do they STORE 1200 decks :cool:
I have 10 tarot decks and think it's a big collection already :D :D :D

True - I mean - when you go in a bookstore they might have 30-40 decks in a cabinet and that is full because they have to display the fronts of the boxes. How many shelves does it take to store 1200 decks when you are looking at only the sides of the boxes?

Do they sort them alphabetically, by color, by size? How do you find one deck in 1200 to look up a card?

What did 1200 decks cost? :confused:

gregory

Cost - I dread to think. But as the one with 1001-1200, storage isn't that bad fpr me anyway. NOT alphabetical as then you have to keep moving them; in order of acquisition - and keep a catalogue saying which are where (e.g. in drawer 1 are nos 1-123, as I recall...)

kislany

I'd really like to see a picture of your decks, how they are stored... I mean 1000+ decks... :bugeyed:

gregory

kislany said:
I'd really like to see a picture of your decks, how they are stored... I mean 1000+ decks... :bugeyed:
That was really hard to do... But here you go.

OK – since you ask…. – I have 2 old chests of drawers, four new ones (much lower – it is a very old house with odd shaped rooms) and 2 sets of shelves. The older drawers are way bigger and hold more decks – the decks are in the drawers as shown in the pictures – in the order I got them; if they are too big for the drawers, they go on the shelves. There are some which are in a separate drawer as they go best flat- e.g. the Dark Horse. My catalogue (in MS Access) tells me where they all are.

I hope this answers your questions; it doesn’t all photo well, and it isn’t all flash and fancy – but it works REALLY well, and I can find anything (in case the computer isn’t on, I do have lists printed up which I keep in the room for reference.)

Somehow I feel this will not make you feel any better about how I store things..... :cool5: It's kinda primitive - but it works, and it is nice being up there with them all.... Not purpose built, not home beautiful; probably other members with fancier systems would look better in photos - but there you go. :cool4: