The Return of the Beast!

vernissage

similia said:
I wonder if they are the only three photos of Crowley out there or are they the ones also chosen cause he looks so pompous...

In Do As Thou Wilt (by Lawrence Sutin), a biography on Crowley, there are included some non-pompous pictures, some of which from his young adulthood. Very pretty Crowley.

roppo

The Crowley & Skull story reminds me of an old Japanese joke about a skull and crooked priest ...

A crooked priest went around the countryside with a skull, raising money by saying "This is the skull of famous warlord Yoshitomo. Ladies and gentlemen, may I ask alms from you to build a temple for his spirit?" Then one man stepped out from the crowd, pointing out "Hey, I knew Lord Yoshitomo. He was a man of very big head. The skull is too small for him!" To which the priest solemnly replied "It is no wonder. This is the skull of Lord Yoshitomo when he was a boy".

Personally, I like Crowley's sense of humour. The parody of A.E.Waite he made in "Moonchild" is superb.

ravenest

similia said:
I guess this thread has no real question. I'm just ranting. Feel free to join in. Hell, maybe lets all suggest what we think Crowleys ghost would really be doing right now. If it was me, I would be paying a visit to a certain reporter })

I regret to inform all you dear Crowleyphiles, that sadly, A.C. is no longer dead, and so, is no longer a ghost (and that's a bummer 'cause I used to channel him!)

He took reincarnation over 28 years ago and now resides in the body of a poverty stricken, black, single woman with 7 kids, living somewhere in Somalia.

That'll learn him!

ravenest

"Crowley spotted"

A trivial media AC appearence.

I am watching "Spics and Specks" (Aust. music quiz show) and the commentator starts on about secret messages in music played backwards. They demonstate with Led Zepplin, then go on to say how Jimmy bought AC's house (known as "The toolshed", a reference to an obscure part of the backwards lyrics) and Ac was this satanist who taught that to understand language properly, one should study it backwards. Wierd and starnge looks from the contestants, they are feeiling uneasy and a bit threatened. maybe AC is lurking in the back of the studio, or amongst the props.

A great finish, they then played some stupid song about Satan from a heaby-death-satan-metal band, replayed that backwards and got the "Wiggles" song!

catlin

LOL, that thread really made my day! Poor old beasty boy Alec.

I wonder why there is no photo of him when it was said that he once walked nekkid through Mexico city with only a crown on his head. :D

ravenest

Because he could make himself invisible ... remember!

Reminds me of a story a few years back. A book came out here, cant remember the title but, it puported to be an occult history of Australia. In it is a photo of the owner of one "Magic Circle Bookshop" in Perth, he is looking quiet strange in the photo, staring intently into the camera. The text says when asked if he could be photographed he said okay, you can try, but it wont come out I will make myself invisible. Under the Photo in the book is the Caption; "Mr. ...... making himself invisible."

Aeon418

catlin said:
I wonder why there is no photo of him when it was said that he once walked nekkid through Mexico city with only a crown on his head. :D
I don't think he went quite that far. :D LOL
Finally, Crowley invoked the powers of concealment. The magician, visualising a shroud about his or her body, should gradually and partially turn invisible...or so they said. The key to the illusion was neither optical nor physical, since the magician never truly disappeared. However, he did take advantage of distraction, one of the oldest principles of sleight of hand: The invisible magician affected about himself an aura which made his presence ordinary, subliminal, almost chameleon-like. When Crowley saw his reflection begin to flicker like a motion picture, he knew he was onto something. He considered himself successful when he was able to stroll through Mexico City in a golden crown and scarlet robe without attracting any attention.

PERDURABO: The Life of Aleister Crowley

ravenest

Ah yes ... there's the reference. I think references must have been mixed a little. Crowley did this and no one noticed.

However if he had paraded naked with only a crown on his head, down the middle of Oxford St. Sydney during Gay and Lesbian Mardi-gras ... still, no one would have noticed!

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
I don't think he went quite that far. :D LOL

Ah yes Aeon ... but one must remember that the wicked Crowley was naked UNDER his robe!

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Ah yes Aeon ... but one must remember that the wicked Crowley was naked UNDER his robe!
Oh yeah.... I forgot all about that. How disgusting!!! :D lol

But speaking of things not to forget......
The Book of the Law. chp.2
38.A feast for the three days of the writing of the Book of the Law.
Has it really been 102 years since Aleister received the Book of the Law on the 8th, 9th, & 10th of April 1904? How time flies.

Happy feast days!!! :)