Study group World spirit tarot

Rhiannon

Hey crystalmynx! I know, isn't it a very nice deck? I like it alot. I also have found it to be very useful for past life type spreads because it doesn't have a specific time period or type of person represented.

Enjoy!
R :)

Rhiannon

Problems

OK, here's the deal. I really, really like this deck, but I'm just not connecting with it. When I do readings I have to look up each card in the book because the meanings just don't "come to me" like they do with other decks. Reading with deck feels more like work than enjoyment! I feel like I have to wrestle with it and force it to read for me.

HELP! I need some suggestions on how we can get along better together!

truthsayer

Re: Problems

Rhiannon said:
I really, really like this deck, but I'm just not connecting with it. When I do readings I have to look up each card in the book because the meanings just don't "come to me" like they do with other decks. Reading with deck feels more like work than enjoyment! I feel like I have to wrestle with it and force it to read for me. HELP! I need some suggestions on how we can get along better together.

maybe you are trying too hard w/ this deck. sometimes when we like the deck very much we push the deck too hard. take your time. decrease your usage and focus off this deck so it can recharge and do things at the pace it wants to go. please forgive me for this little dialogue but it makes me think of a date going wrong:

reader(slipping closer to him/her on the bench): world spirit, i'd really like to get to know you a lot better.
world spirit(folds arms across chest and slips a little further away from reader.): i'm sorry but i don't do readings until the 10th date.
reader(shocked and amazed!): b-ut...b-but...i thought you liked me!
deck(in a self-righteous tone): "i do like you but i have to keep my morals. only slutty decks read on the first date!"
reader(both frustated and horrified): "ah, jeez! i'm soooo sorry! can we try again?"

world deck is at the edge of the bench with a contemplative look on her/his face as our story draws to a close for today. is this the end? will world spirit forgive the reader? will WS ever read for the reader? stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "AS THE CARDS TURN!"

Rhiannon

:D That was funny! LOL

Thanks, truth!

truthsayer

glad you liked it. :)

Melvis

Can I join, too? The World Spirit is one of my favorites!

This is great timing that I'm reading this today, because in about an hour I'm leaving to road trip to my sister's new house. The World Spirit is the only deck I'm bringing, because I want to 'bond' with it. Like you, Rhiannon, I have to look up so many of the meanings, so I'm going to try just going through the cards one by one, etc.

One thing I plan to do this weekend is to study the set of four minors of each number together...pull all four Aces and lay them out together, then the Two's, etc. I haven't done this with my decks lately, and I hopefully it will help me do readings more easily!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Rhiannon

That's a great idea too, Melvis! Thanks... going to do a little of this tonight. I've been trying to decide which of my newer decks to work with, and I think I've decided that it's got to be the World Spirit. Perhaps we'll start a new thread re: the 4 minors together? Not sure if there will be enuff info. yet. we'll see.

R :) *walks over to her deck* "Hey, baby... can I take you out?" })

Rhiannon

Tarot dating

Well, having gotten to know my date a little better by going through the minors one by one (without help of the book) and giving them my own twist on interpretations... I was wondering if people would like to continue on through the courts and majors?

It seems like *sigh* alot of work.

13thFaeChylde

Hello~*~

Any chance of resurrecting this thread/group?? The World Spirit is on its way to me, and I'm very excited about our new relationship.

Peace~*~
SWW

spoonbender

Count me in, She who Watches! I love this deck and would like to learn more about it (that's why I use it as a learning deck on the 78-Weeks-of-Study). I think we could get a lot more insight in the symbolism of the card if we all share our thoughts... You know, I always wondered why there wasn't a Study Group for the World Spirit Tarot here, so many people on the forum seem to like it! I hope more people will join in, it could be really exciting!