View Single Post
Citizen

Aeon418 
Raving nutcase!!!

Just a few random notes that may, or may not, make sense to anyone else.

On page 287 of The Book of Thoth, The Vital Triads, Crowley lists The Hierophant as "The Son (Priest)" and The Tower as "The Crowned and Conquering Child emerging from Womb as in ALP"
Quote:
111 - ALP, Aleph, an ox, a thousand. The redeeming Bull. By shape the Swastika, and so the Lightning. "As the lightning lighteneth out of the East even unto the West, so shall be the coming of the Son of Man." An allusion to the descent of Shiva upon Shakti in Samadhi. The Roman A shows the same through the shape of the Pentagram, which it imitates.

Here we have some Solar symbolism "6", the symbol of the Redeemer, the God-Man linked with the 5 of Geburah. 5 = 6
Horus as Ra-Hoor-Khuit is the current archetype of the God-Man in the New Aeon, replacing the old archetype based on the dying/resurrected Sun, Osiris/Jesus. Ra-Hoor-Khuit, the magical spirit of the ever-living Sun, represents the Holy Guardian Angel.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The two pentagrams inside the hexagram on the Hierophant card may represent the two pentagram rituals created by Crowley, The Star Ruby and Liber V vel Reguli.
Quote:
The influence of the elemental formula does not end at the borders of the microcosm. Indeed, it continues to be infused into all levels of consciousness. The most striking example of this elemental influence upon the macrocosm can be found in the Enochian magical records of Dr John Dee.

In the Enochian view of the universe, each of the thirty Aethyrs, or macrocosmic heavens, is ruled by three Governors. Curiously, the names of these celestial Governors are derived from the four microcosmic elemental tablets of the system, demonstrating a continuing and fundamental influence of the elemantal formulae throughout the macrocosm.

Clearly there exists an untapped form of universal Pentagram which operates simultaneously upon both the microcosmic and macrocosmic planes, and that the newly released energies of the new aeon make magical access to these formulae now possible. To activate this vastly higher order of elemental power, Crowley created two rituals: (1) Liber XXV, The Star Ruby, and (2) Liber V vel Reguli. As Thelemic hybrids of the Lesser and Greater Pentagram Rituals, they function as ceremonial exercises to invoke the energies of the Aeon of Horus.

The Magick of Aleister Crowley ~ Lon Milo DuQuette
With this in mind the following lines from the Book of the Law make metaphorical sense. Lines 6 and 7 most of all. The Pentagram of Horus.
Quote:
3. Now let it be first understood that I am a god of War and of Vengeance. I shall deal hardly with them.
4. Choose ye an island!
5. Fortify it!
6. Dung it about with enginery of war!
7. I will give you a war-engine.
8. With it ye shall smite the peoples; and none shall stand before you.
9. Lurk! Withdraw! Upon them! this is the Law of the Battle of Conquest: thus shall my worship be about my secret house.
Top   #76