Looking for a spread about Travel :o)

cosmic_bubble

Hello :)

In a couple of days I'll be off to Canada for a 4 month trip (possibly longer). I've never ever done anything like this before, and wondered if anyone knew of any spreads that I could try beforehand to provide some wisdom for the time ahead?

I'm very excited, but a bit nervous (!) so any help would be appreciated. I did think of doing a general spread but I wanted something a bit more particular to travelling and this being new for me :)

Better get back to the packing (and decide which decks to take!)

xx

cosmic_bubble

thank you :) sadly, none of them seemed to be what i'm looking for...i think this mught be a cue to try and come up with one myself :)

xx

le fey

How about this one from Trish MacGregor and Phyllis Vega's Power Tarot:

4------
--3----
----2--

1. Surrounding influences of your upcoming trip.
2. What you need to know about this trip - things that may be hidden.
3. What you will learn or understand as a result of this trip.
4. Outcome.

aria

hi le fey...i just tried this spread and i'll be posting the results in the reading section!!!thanks for the spread...some revealing results i have!!maybe you can give your take on the cards....

mahimaisme

two spreads

if i were in your place, i'd do two spreads.
one for a general overview of the whole trip and the other for specifics. however, you could chose one of this and not the other, lol or not even one, but i'll share this :)

general:

---1---------2----------3-----------4----
one card for each month. kept the layout linear so you can literally "see" the progression of your trip unfolding. also see any highlights or pitfalls.

second spread:

------------7----------------(summary of the full experience of your trip)
------5----------6----------(the joys)
------------4----------------(the pitfall)
------------3--------------(the highlight)
-----1----------2----------(the problems)

i hope this helps :):)

mahima.