magical diaries

Aeon418

Just to add to the above. I don't see how you can compare the magical diary to the Wiccan Book of Shadows. The magical diary is a record of an individual magicians experiences.
The Book of Shadows is a pre-existing collection of material that must be copied by hand to make a new Book of Shadows. But this only occurs within a Wiccan coven.

BrightEye

I wasn't comparing anything. I was just wondering what each of them were. Thanks for the clarification.

Aeon418

Sorry, BrightEye. I thought you already had some idea of what the Book of Shadows was. Or maybe a different idea that is linked with the New Age hijack of Wicca.

ravenest

Yes, Aeons comment on scientific illuminism is worth keeping in mind.

My early diaries (the ones that detail ritual and magical experimentation) are written like an old science experiment as I was taught at school.
The first heading is AIM. It helps to meditate a lot on this subject, one might find that the aim is achieved by more efficient mundane ends. Then METHOD etc ... .

Also it is common to note the astrology of the day or time frame for refrence (also if one is clear enough) notes on the self; mood, health, etc.

All VERY different from a Book of Shadows. My old B of S [or BS if u like :) ] shows copies (including copied 'typos') of basic Wiccan rituals.