Thread: Golden Tarot
View Single Post
Citizen

retrokat 
Citizen

You've made me blush!

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Yes, the deck was pirated earlier this year, but as it was stolen off my site at screen resolution it looked terrible. People tell me the pirated decks are selling on eBay as "pirated Golden Tarot" for up to $100, which I guess is kinda flattering. I suggest people wait and pay a lot less for the real thing

If not for the pirating, I doubt I would have had the confidence to do what readers have been nagging me to do for about a year now - ie, rebuild at print resolution and try to get it published "for real".

A wonderful fan from NY started a campaign to get me to publish about a year ago, which resulted in Stuart Kaplan himself ringing me to offer me a contract. I was a bit groggy at the time, since it was the middle of the night in Australia, but that still has to be one of the most exciting moments of my life!

I built the original of Golden Tarot for myself, so it's a totally unexpected bonus that anyone else likes it. I just hope that it turns out to be good for people to read with, rather than just a pretty collector deck.

If you want to know more about the pics, buy the deck/book set when it comes out, as the source artwork of every single element of every collage will be listed (that's over a thousand items, I think). I don't think those details will be included if you just buy the deck, as it wouldn't fit in the tiny booklet. The main artists: Simone Martini, Benozzo Gozzoli, Giotto di Bondone; Dieric Bouts Younger & Elder; Hans Memling.. and about a hundred more!

Thanks ever so much for your support. If it had been up to me, it never would have made it to print. The emailing from fans finally convinced me and US Games
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4