What are their motives?

RubyRuby

Do you ever get that "Too good to be true" feeling about certain people? You are not sure if their motives are pure or not. You don't know if they're being nice to your face and then not so nice behind your back.

Is there a spread out there to get information about someone's motives, or what's going on in their head, or what their intentions are?

I know a couple of people like this, and I thought I would consult the cards and see if I could get some enlightenment.

Thanks

Apollonia

I often use a simple 2-3 card spread:
1. What face is this person showing to me/the world in this matter?
2. What is in his/her heart?
3. If there is a discrepancy I'll add a card for why they are acting one way when something else is in their heart.

This has worked well, and often my suspicions have proved unfounded, which is nice to know. And sometimes the "why" card is very enlightening, and not at all what I would have thought.

RubyRuby

Thank you. That looks interesting, I'll give it a go later tonight.

pascentia

I was looking hard for a spread on finding out the true intentions of a person and stumbled upon your thread. I was abit doubtful about it at first especially since I ended up drawing 2 cards for the 3 positions, but it kind of proved to be 2 cards representing being two-faced as well as a person who was contradicting. But it totally helped.

Schehrazada

Yes!

Hi!

I've been looking for such kind of spread for the longest time. I will give this one a try and let you know.

Thanks!

S.

Glass Owl

Apollonia said:
I often use a simple 2-3 card spread:
1. What face is this person showing to me/the world in this matter?
2. What is in his/her heart?
3. If there is a discrepancy I'll add a card for why they are acting one way when something else is in their heart.

This has worked well, and often my suspicions have proved unfounded, which is nice to know. And sometimes the "why" card is very enlightening, and not at all what I would have thought.

Thanks for your spread, Aponllonia. I used this spread with a bit of a twist the other day. I shuffled the deck and the top card was for position 1 and the bottom card was for position 2.

Needless to say, the result was shocking and I didn't feel the need to pull a third card since comparing the first two basically provided me with the answer that I needed.

nirvie

This is a great spread! it's small but so very effective.. i tried it out just a few minutes ago, flipped the first card and knew immediately that it fit.. then flipped the second, and was even more overwhelmed with how appropriate that one was! i didn't even need to draw a third card, the first two made so much sense

mynathan

I just used this spread very successfully. I had the third "why" card be the same as the shadow (base) card, and I figured I would consult it only as needed (if I needed to better understand the differences between the two cards). I got the 5 of Wands, 9 of Swords, and then the base-"why" card was the 2 of swords. Very clear reading if you ask me. Great spread! :)

minrice

I too like your spread Apollonia! Very cool. Now all I need is someone who seems off to me, lol.

cheekysage

This spread has worked rather well for me thus far! I asked about a certain man I was interested in and it gave me Strength- 6 of cups- Ace of Cups... right before he basically told me he wanted to be 'just friends' 3 days later he was calling me everyday saying he made a terrible mistake and confessing himself to me...