Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 19 - #19

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 19
Number: 19

Symbol: A MAGIC CARPET HOVERS OVER THE DEPRESSING REALITY OF EVERYDAY LIFE IN AN INDUSTRIAL AREA.

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Aries 19 is:
ARIES 18 ~ AN EMPTY HAMMOCK HANGS BETWEEN TWO LOVELY TREES.

The Quest Symbol for Aries 19 is:
ARIES 20 ~ A YOUNG GIRL FEEDING BIRDS IN WINTER.

The Opposite Symbol for Aries 19 is:
LIBRA 19 ~ A GANG OF ROBBERS IN HIDING.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Aries 19 are:
CANCER 19 ~ A FRAGILE MISS REPRESENTATIVE OF PROUD OLD BLOOD, IS WED IN A MARRIAGE CEREMONY BY A PRIEST TO AN EAGER YOUTH OF THE NEW ORDER.

LIBRA 19 ~ A GANG OF ROBBERS IN HIDING.

CAPRICORN 19 ~ A CHILD OF ABOUT 5 CARRYING A HUGE SHOPPING BAG FILLED WITH GROCERIES.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Aries 19 are:
CANCER 1 ~ ON A SHIP THE SAILORS LOWER THE OLD FLAG AND RAISE THE NEW ONE.

VIRGO 13 ~ A POWERFUL STATESMAN OVERCOMES A STATE OF POLITICAL HYSTERIA.

SCORPIO 25 ~ AN X-RAY PHOTOGRAPH HELPS WITH THE DIAGNOSIS.

AQUARIUS 7 ~ A CHILD BORN OUT OF AN EGGSHELL.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Dr Jones has the keyword as PANORAMA

and solarfire body part - Corpus callosum cerebri essentiall - neural pathway is a neural tract connecting one part of the nervous system with another, usually consisting of bundles of elongated, myelin insultated neurons, known collectively as white matter. Neural pathways serve to connect relatively distant areas of the brain or nervous system, compared to the local communication of grey matter-from wilipedia.

I LOVE this magical symbol - something sureal and wanting for us humans is the ability to FLY....
- heightened levels of awareness
- broad overview of relationships,
There are lovely myths about magic carpets and Yoga masters that use magic carpets in other ways ;)
- I also see this symbol as travel to exotic places with this symbol

MCsea

Element Black Tektite
Discussion Tektite means molten, they are natural glass ‘bits’ formed by the impact of large meteorites. Tektites have various shapes and are often areodynamic. This extraterrestrial element, strengthens energy fields and communication with other worlds. Traditionally assisting with knowledge retention and research. This element was chosen mainly for the ‘flying’ and ‘magical – non earthly’ aspects.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 331

tink27

Oh my! Purple_scorp, an interesting picture and one that definitely sends mixed messages to me. The carpet itself is extremely colorful, magnetic and bold but below the city is in darkness, perhaps intimidated, silenced by this oversized flying carpet. Has this city been abandoned? There’s lots of energy up here and what looks like a ‘good brain’……logic intelligence.....hmm delusion of grandeur?

Industry huh! A preoccupation with money or material things...(the city representing a complex worldview) the deep seeded sense of poverty that's buried deep within mass consciousness that colours all of life's treasures. The overwhelming feeling of I never get what I need. I don't have enough for myself.

If this were a person, are they one who ‘seems’ extremely confident in themselves and in their abilities? I sense qualities of leadership, courage, initiative and drive here….someone perhaps very keen on demonstrating their talents and abilities. Will they do this for all concerned or will they exploit others to get what they want? Is material worth more important than their innerself?

And, on the other side of the coin, does this city represent an emptiness, a feeling of being abandoned, helpless to control things? A kind of poverty consciousness?

This carpet reminds me of someone I once knew. They were always having to get their own way, never listening or acknowledging others…..and very critical! But this criticism came from their own inner lack of personal power. And the more insecure they felt, the more thoughtless and demanding they became.

Then of course this could be someone who wishes to tear down all illusions and seek the truth. Who is eager to find and solve the enigma of life! One who speaks of the hidden meanings beyond the superficialities of the city. Goodness there’s so much to be read in this symbol!

What is this magic carpet? With colorful wheels spinning within its tapestry. Motivation? Exploring all of life's many opportunties An alternative lifestyle? Divine guidance? The building of a spiritual or magical understanding? A wide vaiety of intellectual interests?

I’d really love to hear the symbolism behind this picture purle_scorp and I’d love to hear mooncat2’s interpretation and anyone else that would love to join in.

tink :love:

tink27

Ohh! Had another quick thought to share with this symbol. This beautiful rug with its wheels of fire could also be what we call the creative realm. The earth and our universe changes daily as a result of our creative imagination. We may not be moving mountains (not yet) but we are creating cities!! New experiences are heightening our awareness and expanding our consciousness. All types of interactions and different relationships, (nature, people, communities) that were once harsh and cold are becoming more loving and warm.

We are all co-creators and luckily, we have the Creator on our side!! How lucky we are that we have the Angels and Faeries to help us, to help us mainifest our needs and to grant our wishes...and indeed they do when we imagine them!!!

purple_scorp

Hey tink,

I've come to the conclusion that me and cities don't mix well. I was born in the city and lived there until around the age of 28, when I moved to the country. When I lived in the city, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else mainly because I hadn't lived anywhere else. But now that I'm out of it, I can't imagine ever going back.

When I lived in Melbourne, I never worked in the CBD, choosing instead to work in the surrounding suburbs. I couldn't avoid it all together though, as one of my jobs required travel to client sites (some of which were in the city).

Now, when I return for visits and I drive through the city, I see the harsh cold buildings, and robots walking like busy ants.

So to me, that magic carpet hovering above that city is like an escape route. It is my servant, waiting for me patiently. Waiting for the moment when I scream, "I've had enough, beam me up Scotty!" It's there waiting, to take me back to the tranquility of the country. And all I have to do is board it and say, "take me home".

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

I've come to the conclusion that me and cities don't mix well. I was born in the city and lived there until around the age of 28, when I moved to the country. When I lived in the city, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else mainly because I hadn't lived anywhere else. But now that I'm out of it, I can't imagine ever going back.

I know exactly what you mean!! I've lived in the suburbs all my life. Some that were deemed country, have now become full blown cities, little towns coupled together. This has created a struggle in the industrial world to expand its markets, which creates also creates more territorial turfs. And we suffer in the interim with more roadways, overpopulated areas, ongoing construction and pollution.

Friday, I had to go to a small town on business. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, I traveled through a rainbow of spectacular colors as the autumn trees waved to welcome me. The nature spirits were truly out that day, and it was refreshing and invigorating, soothing and comforting. Nature is truly an expression of Spirit. I was in no hurry to go back to concrete city (articifical boundaries)....that to me have been constructed as a survival mechanism (a defense) against nature's awesome power. It also depicts the consequence of the mind's evolvement into 'matter'.

Perhaps with all that has been happening in our world of late is the earth's energy ripping open to allow the flow of repressed and blocked energies to help humankind balance itself.

So to me, that magic carpet hovering above that city is like an escape route. It is my servant, waiting for me patiently. Waiting for the moment when I scream, "I've had enough, beam me up Scotty!" It's there waiting, to take me back to the tranquility of the country. And all I have to do is board it and say, "take me home".

Hmm, the tractor beam is our invisible cord that unites us with the flying carpet.

mooncat2

:) A magic carpet!!!

Have to confess that my first thoughts are heavily influenced by past memory. When I was a little girl I loved Enid Blyton............one of my favourite stories was 'The Three Brownies' who flew to all sorts of exciting adventures on a magic carpet. I used to drag an old mat out under the flowering cherry tree, load my stuffed animals on board and a little suitcase full of 'necessities' ..........and play all day.

So I have to begin with creative imagination and the power it has to transport us wherever we want to go. Even though we're anchored in the reality of life , in a myriad of ways we can lift ourselves above it, leave it behind for a while............and fly.

The Self as the Creator of something that uplifts and inspires.

We all have the gift of creative imagination .........we all need to accept the personal responsibility of using it to make our lives better .......and to help others improve their lives too.

When I look at the bottom of my image it gives me shivers. I can't imagine living in an environment so grey , polluted and noisy. I feel depressed just looking at it. How difficult it must be lift oneself above it if you've always lived like that. I'm very aware how blessed I am for we live on a farm and I'm surrounded by rolling pastures, my garden, animals.........and trees.....I love trees.

The magic of being a child.............the games and exploration, the adventures ............the imagination soaring. It's through our Inner Child ,if we make time to listen to his/her voice , that we can rediscover the joy of playing.
I fear for some of the children of today and what may be happening to their potential creativity. So many of them, with homes filled with televisions, play stations and computers, are spending hours sitting while someone else's creative (and often of dubious worth) efforts bombard their passivity. Mass brainwashing.
If they don't learn how to play as children what hope is there as an adult when it's so much more difficult. Forever waiting for some external source to come along to stimulate and excite them.
One of my soapbox themes.........sorry!

My turn to get all riled up so that is enough for today.I know there's so much more in this symbol.

:love:

Attachments

• SC - Imagination.JPG
    SC - Imagination.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 297