Rider-Waite-Smith Study Group

Poledra

So I'm up for a group jaunt through the RWS, and I'm even up for getting the ball rolling - though I don't want to give the impression of any skill. So, I'm going to make a proposition. Why don't we each take on some of the responsibility of moving the group along? One person can focus on symbolism, one person history, one person traditional meanings, one person intuitive, etc and then we can rotate for each card?

For the actual order, I find that the majors are generally well covered on the forum, but it is harder to get a comprehensive grasp on the suits and courts, so why don't we start there and go back to the majors later?

Takers? Thoughts? Addedums?

Poledra

Alta

Poledra said:
For the actual order, I find that the majors are generally well covered on the forum, but it is harder to get a comprehensive grasp on the suits and courts, so why don't we start there and go back to the majors later?

Takers? Thoughts? Addedums?

Poledra
I like that idea, and fully agree that the minors and courts give more trouble and hence need a little more discussion. Maybe to make it easier, do it by numbers (i.e. all the 6's) and by rank (all the queens) in one thread. fewer threads and possibly more participation. Just a suggestion.

Poledra

Marion said:
I like that idea, and fully agree that the minors and courts give more trouble and hence need a little more discussion. Maybe to make it easier, do it by numbers (i.e. all the 6's) and by rank (all the queens) in one thread. fewer threads and possibly more participation. Just a suggestion.

Good idea! I think I personally would want to start with a general discussion about each of the suits as a whole first. Then apply them to the various numbers. And finally maybe go back through each suit and look at the story arcs? Does that make sense? That way we can look at the interaction of suit and number for the cards and then how the fit together as a whole.

Ok, now I'm getting excited! Is there anyone else interested?

Alta

I like your idea! Maybe start a thread or two and see how it goes.

I'll make up an index as we go along.

Lavandula

I'm up for joining if this is still going ahead.

wwahine

Tarot History on Rider Waite Deck

Hello. I would be interested in this study group. I do use this deck quite frequently. Matter of fact I use this the most out of my many decks. This one speaks to me at moment. I feel in tune with the Rider-Waite. I find it easy for me to interpret. I would like to be in study group. But, this is my second time posting. I hope I can contribute correctly with these threads that I am still learning. Thank you. wwahine

wwahine

Poledra, yes on the RW Deck Study Group

You asked about takers, thoughts on this study group. I will gladly contribute in an intuitive sense or symbolism capacity. Let me know how and when to start. I am new at this but very willing to contribute and to learn MORE about my RW deck which I love. Thanks.

peacestartswithme

Just received my deck a few days ago

And am really interested in sharing and leaning. I would love to be part of this study group!!

PAMUYA

I am ready!

Peacestartswithme, I am ready to start exploring. Lets start a thread starting with the Ace of wands and work our way through, then to the other suits. or we can do Aces, then twos, threes...what do you think?