The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

Asher

I have posted a new (partial) reading, from a spread I created called the Age of Aquarius. Enjoy!

Asher

pangolin

swimming in tarot said:
I still haven't heard from any publisher, regarding permission to post photos. Was I gauche in e-mailing instead of writing on paper and mailing? Or am I just being impatient? I hear that publishers are notoriously slow when responding to queries of any kind.
One (maybe both?) of the creators of the Quantum Tarot is an active member here at AT. Perhaps you could PM her; I suspect she'd be delighted to have you use her deck.

enchanted spirit

Can I play? I *finally* picked a deck - The Victorian Romantic Tarot. My blog address is in my profile.

Oh, and thanks to faunabay for suggesting this to me! It is really just the thing for me right now.

souljourney

I have an odd comment/question...

On some of the blogs does the color of the background and text matter to you? There are a couple that actually make me squint to read them. It's the color of the background & text.

I am the only one??

pangolin

enchanted spirit said:
Can I play? I *finally* picked a deck - The Victorian Romantic Tarot. My blog address is in my profile.
Certainly you can play. :) Welcome!

souljourney said:
On some of the blogs does the color of the background and text matter to you? There are a couple that actually make me squint to read them. It's the color of the background & text.
I am the only one??
You're not the only one. I wonder if it varies from monitor to monitor, though -- so that something I can barely read looks fine to someone else? I love the variety of looks on the different blogs, but some are harder to view than others. (You all let me know if I'm a culprit -- my blog is the pink one. :bugeyed:)

enchanted spirit

pangolin said:
Certainly you can play. :) Welcome!

(You all let me know if I'm a culprit -- my blog is the pink one. :bugeyed:)

Thank you for the welcome! I'm so excited!!!! Yay!

I think your pink background looks fine. Ooooh, and you're doing the Tarot Nova. That was my first ever deck and got me totally hooked on Tarot. Then I went searching for a "real" deck - LOL - silly me. The Tarot Nova is really a neat-o little deck, a real force to be reckoned with.

Does my red background look okay? It seemed to fit my mood/deck, but I could do something else.

faunabay

enchanted spirit said:

Oh, and thanks to faunabay for suggesting this to me! It is really just the thing for me right now.
Yay! One of my absolute favorite decks!! I love my VR! :* But I know her too well, so I chose to do my PDR with the Merryday.

edited to add:
OK, I love the red but it is pretty eye crossing to read at first. LOL Once my eyes calmed down and got used to it I was fine, but first impression was I couldn't get my eyes to focus on the type. :p Just my two cents though. :)

pangolin

enchanted spirit said:
Does my red background look okay? It seemed to fit my mood/deck, but I could do something else.
The red is pretty intense... both a good thing and a bad thing, LOL. It's very compelling (to me at least -- I'm kinda on a red/pink kick lately). I just increase the size of the font on the page in order to read it without having my head explode. :p I was wondering, do you plan to eventually enable comments? You had such an interesting first reading posted, I was going to comment (nothing profound, just a "nice!" type of thing, so please don't think you've missed out on anything :D). If not, that's fine -- I'm just wondering.

souljourney

Maybe on the red backgrounds it would help if the type were bigger.

enchanted spirit

pangolin said:
The red is pretty intense... both a good thing and a bad thing, LOL. It's very compelling (to me at least -- I'm kinda on a red/pink kick lately). I just increase the size of the font on the page in order to read it without having my head explode. :p I was wondering, do you plan to eventually enable comments? You had such an interesting first reading posted, I was going to comment (nothing profound, just a "nice!" type of thing, so please don't think you've missed out on anything :D). If not, that's fine -- I'm just wondering.

faunabay said:
Yay! One of my absolute favorite decks!! I love my VR! :* But I know her too well, so I chose to do my PDR with the Merryday.

edited to add:
OK, I love the red but it is pretty eye crossing to read at first. LOL Once my eyes calmed down and got used to it I was fine, but first impression was I couldn't get my eyes to focus on the type. :p Just my two cents though. :)

Well, I changed it from red to blue. I don't want anyone's head to explode! It looks a lot better, really. I didn't want to change the font size cause I had a hard time getting that set up the way it is, which isn't how I wanted it but I like it.

I didn't know I had to enable comments, but I did now! Thanks for asking, or I'd just be wondering why nobody ever said anything on there. LOL

I am loving the VR, I mean seriously. It looks waaaaay better in real life than on the monitor, and it looks lovely on the monitor too! I am so glad I got it.