Touchstone Tarot ~ The Ten of Wands

All Is One

This is my card for today and I love it. I would love to know which historical figure is on this card!

Her serene face, her lovely garments the gorgeous cross....

And, as Stargazer and I were just discussing, this lady does not look at all put out or bothered by the burden she is holding.

She's sort of like who I would like to be, right this moment!

What do you all think?

stargazer

Yes, this lady does look very calm and not the least bit unhappy to be carrying such a burden.
She is very richly dressed though, to be carrying such a rough looking bundle of sticks.
I would be afraid of spoiling my lovely gown.

As for the bundle she is carrying, why is it tied with a pretty ribbon?
I suppose a burden is a burden not matter how prettily it is wrapped.

Kimber said in an earlier post, that the lady in the 10 Wands looks like Anne of Cleves, Henry's fourth wife, whom he divorced because he found her unattractive.

My first thoughts on this card were that maybe the ladies looks were her burden!

Attachments

• Anne of Ceves.jpg
    Anne of Ceves.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 141

All Is One

RJ Stewart says this is a card meaning "Responsibility" and I would have to say that this lady looks ready to take on the burdens of the world, and seems to have no self-pity, or fear, or self-doubt.

She is a perfect symbol for the fulfillment of the suit of Wands as the suit of Spirit.

All Is One

This is also the card that I drew for today when I asked my deck how I will (how I should) deal with saying a final farewell to my daughter, Kayla, who I won't see for six months (as that will be her first leave from her one year tour in Iraq.)

I really want to be as strong as this lovely and serene lady, but I'm not feeling that way at all.

stargazer

To me this card means burdens that you carry alone.
The secret fears and anxieties that you carry with you.

Quester

She seems to be looking out and saying...your burden might not be as heavy as you think it is...see...I am holding mine together with this ribbon...if I can do it you can too.

Quester

Another observation...It is VERy dark behind her, but she is coming to an area that is very well lit. She can see where she is headed and dosen't seem worried about it at all.

All Is One

stargazer said:
Yes, this lady does look very calm and not the least bit unhappy to be carrying such a burden.
She is very richly dressed though, to be carrying such a rough looking bundle of sticks.
I would be afraid of spoiling my lovely gown.

As for the bundle she is carrying, why is it tied with a pretty ribbon?
I suppose a burden is a burden not matter how prettily it is wrapped.

Kimber said in an earlier post, that the lady in the 10 Wands looks like Anne of Cleves, Henry's fourth wife, whom he divorced because he found her unattractive.

My first thoughts on this card were that maybe the ladies looks were her burden!

If I were as lovely as this lady and he had a problem with my looks....

Well....

Clearly she was no plain woman.

He had ISSUES, I mean like inner demons and all!

tarotlyn

Quester said:
Another observation...It is Very dark behind her, but she is coming to an area that is very well lit. She can see where she is headed and doesn't seem worried about it at all.
The reason she is not worried at all:
...is because she can see the "light at the end of the tunnel"...so to speak...

To explain what I mean:
In the RWS/clone decks, the 10 of Wands means that the burdens are COMING TO AN END...
...it is almost over...and the person "knows" that all the, heavy burdens,
pressure, stress, opposition, etc. is nearly done with!:)

So even when you see other 10 of Wands cards from other decks...
...you usually see a nearby home or castle or place, in the not too far
distance, that the person is heading towards to put down all those burdens (bunch of
wands)...and will be finally relieved of the burdens they have been carrying.

All Is One

Her message came true for me. I made it through what I had to do today. Teary and puffy-faced, I was able to sanely and rationally say the right things to my daughter, Kayla, when she came with her father (no relationship to me at all) and her new boyfriend to drop off the truck.

I won't see my baby girl for the next six months.

I was able to be responsible and careful in my words (her Dad was HURTING and Andy, her step father was in bad shape too.)

Oh....time for more responsibility....sister called gotta go.