Tarot Cafe (manga)

Cerulean

Ah, the amazing aeclectic.net forums...Thank you for posting

... as my local joyful Borders had just put one on the shelf and they took it off and held it for me! Thanks for the good news, I have it for a good night read...and my previous other Tarot Cafes to browse, after I do a Narnia revisit this weekend.

Maybe we should do a separate thread for all the tarots we recognize in this series. The Aquarian, Visconti, Secrets and others seem to be subtly altered, but their poses and appearance are similar enough for me to name...the tarot card recognition is a delightful addition to this charming book series.

Cerulean

Alta

ooh, ooh, happy dance

We had a huge snowstorm, looks like nearly 40 cm to me, so I walked to the Y. Afterwards I decided to take the bus home and going thrugh the Mall to get to the bus I checked the bookstore. Yippeee, happy, happy Marion has a copy of Tarot Café Vol. 4 to read while waiting for the massive amounts of snow to get cleared away, hopefully by someone else.

Shade

The Fey tarot appeared in this one, the most modern of any I've noticed. The Stars and the 8 of Swords.

So Spoilers......

The opening story was interesting, about halfway through I was thinking "Another abuse story?" and it was a little close to the princess and the doll from the first one. The creepy butterfly bit was a very interesting touch.

I like the scenes with Cora and Ash(?), what deck is Cora using? The Hanged Ghost card was pretty unsettling.

The story of Belus and Pamela had quite an interesting twist. So Pamela is trying to die and Belus wants to become the new Prince fo Lies... I sort of hope neither of them is completely successful. So do folks think Ash is going to sleep with Pamela first of Belus?

mysticmonkey

Shade said:
The Fey tarot appeared in this one, the most modern of any I've noticed. The Stars and the 8 of Swords.
Ooo the Fey Tarot is featured and The Stars is such a pretty card. I think I'll have to buy this volume now. ;)

annik

My copy is on it's way. I should receive it at any time very soon.

Cerulean

Tarot Cafe Volume 4 is out!

And it is a lovely cap to a beautiful day...clear after a bit of wind and rain yesterday, even hail...

We visited with friends after their new baby's baptism and saw some old friends that haven't been around for awhile...and heard news of seeing some faces next month as well...and when my love asked, "anything else while we're out..." I thought of the local Borders.

And lo and behold, Tarot Cafe 4 was on the shelf! I went first to the Borders Booksearch kiosk first to make certain. Then I walked carefully among a bunch of quiet, mannerly teenagers (they were all Asian, actually) curled up in different corners around the shelves reading through their favored titles. There must have been five kids at least either standing or sitting with their heads in the different books...and I located my title, very carefully stepped around them and purchased my book.

I look forward to a good read sometime this weekend, as my congestion suggests to rest and stay warm...

Cerulean

Shade

I'm a little worried that there is no release date for #5. I don't know much about manga but maybe someone here can say, if there's no release date fro the new one yet is it a bad sign for our little series?

Alta

Yes, I have been to the Toyko pop site a couple of times. Issues 3 & 4 were mentioned months before they were issued. sniff. Nothing on 5. Maybe we never get to see the end of the background story.

Unknownspirit

I fear the same thing Marion. Tokyopop has done this to other manga as well. I hate how I always end up reading and loveing the ones that get stopped, like Legal Drug and now the Tarot Cafe.

I just sent an email to ask, I'll post the reply later.

Shade

Thanks unknown spirit, I was about to do the same thing myself. If they kill it we'll have to come up with our own final chapter.