Lenormand VS Tarot??

Ashtaroot

This question is to all readers that are familiar with Tarot and Lenormand.
Coming from a lenormand reader about to jump into Tarot!!!

Wich do you prefer and why?

I know you can combine the two..do you like doing that?

*Sorry if this question has been asked before please move if so, I didn't find it anywhere.

Miss Divine

I haven't decided which one I prefer.
I've only been learning tarot for al little over 2 years. And Lenormand less than a year.
I haven't been active with Lenormand lately at all. That's probably because I started with Tarot first and I still have sooo much to learn as it is, that putting the same amount of dedication to Lenormand right now is just too overwhelming for me at this time in my life.
I just can't focus enough while I'm so busy with Tarot too.

I like the looks of my Tarot cards better than the pictures on the Lenormand decks, so in a way I prefer Tarot, (for the pictures on the cards alone that is :D)

Whatever turns up in my Lenormand, when my interpretations were correct happened. Even when I thought...''This is impossible!'' So for me it's a purely divinatory oracle. Like I don't have a choice, and that bothers me. But that's probably because of my inexperience of using them adequately?

As in Tarot, I can atleast ask the cards what I can do to get a better outcome if I want.

Will I quit with Lenormand? No never! But at the moment just taking a break from it.

Miss D

Ashtaroot

Miss Divine said:
I like the looks of my Tarot cards better than the pictures on the Lenormand decks, so in a way I prefer Tarot, (for the pictures on the cards alone that is :D)

Miss D

LOL I have to agree with you on that, they do have beautiful stuff LOL

Sheri

I like and use them both...

Although some might say that the Mystical Lenormand that I use isn't a real Lenormand. :D

:love: Sheri

stpcarly

I've been reading tarot for over twenty years and although nothing witll replace it, I do prefer my Lenormand for most readings. I'm not one to read for myself as it is, I prefer reading for others and just found the Lenormand gives me more than the Tarot. I still used Tarot daily to read and combine them with the Lenormand at times, when I feel it is appropriate.

I will say I connected with Lenormand much faster than tarot. The cards are also easier to use and learn, at least for me anyway. I feel totally comfortable with Tarot but it took a while to feel comfortable with that before I could read for others. With the Lenormand I felt comfortable right off the bat and made myself wait lol.

Ashtaroot

Sheri said:
I like and use them both...

Although some might say that the Mystical Lenormand that I use isn't a real Lenormand. :D

:love: Sheri

humm why:eek:?? It has to be like the french cartomancy or piatnik? I am curious:!:

would you describe the difference a bit more please :confused:
more or less the same concept, is one used for a more certain reading than the other?

Thank you :heart:

Ashtaroot

I know what you mean I love my Lenormand, but being here with you guys I got totally intrigued by the tarot world. I even ordered my first deck the Gilded :cool5:

stpcarly said:
found the Lenormand gives me more than the Tarot.
In what way, if you don't mind me asking:?:

Thank you :love:

stpcarly

The Mystical Lenormand or is it Mystic? LOL It is a real lenormand deck, except it is prettier. the images are great but I found I can only use that for love and relationship readings, other readings there just isn't the right feeling.

the Lenormand gives me more details, more precision than the tarot. The Lenormand meanings are more precise and has a basic set of meanings throughout the years and decks. But with the tarot each creature puts their own little twist and turns in the cards, they may keep the basic theme but at times it gets lost in the card. It is really hard for me to explain although I can feel it lol.

Another example, like description. You get so many clients asking about love and to describe their next love etc. If you use Sophie's book and a little with the Treppner, you can actually get a description of this person. And I have found this dead on with feedback from others, even in describing a person in their life. The Tarot does limit that a bit, it gives us some but not as much as the Lenormand does.

I'm not saying i'm throwing away my tarot lol, because that gives us more in other areas, the energies, the feelings and for things that don't involve asking about the future.

And I don't feel the Lenormand doesn't give us a choice, because we all have a choice. The key word is "possible", yes it is possible that this man you meet will offer a relationship etc, I never say will because we all have choices to make. But thatis another subject lol.

moderndayruth

Ashtaroot, you can combine the two :)
Here is the link to Wind's combined CC readings:Click me!

jrr01

I have to agree with stpcarly %100, Lenormand gets to the core of your questions & answers, as for Tarot you have to rip and strip the layers until you get to the core of your answers. It's like asking a teacher for the answer, Lenormand spits it right out in your face, as for Tarot it talks and talks and talks and explains and explains and explains and it talks some more LOL until you get the answer yourself. I gave up on Tarot when I found out about the Lenormand. Sorry to say I aint looking back no mo... :D LOL

Oh by the way stpcarly, who is Sophie...? Unless your refering to Sylvie...! LOL