The Ankh Spread - Exploring the Eight Stage of Life

Gayla

Then Ankh is a ancient Egyptian symbol which signifies life. It's been called the key of life and is thought to symbolize life after death. Many spends a significant amount of time pondering the obstacle of life after death and trying to prepare for it, but what about focusing on the the obstacles of transitioning from one stage to another in the life we're in right now?

The Ahkh Spread is designed to explore the eight stages of life. It's won't answer why we are here, nor will it tell us what lies beyond. It's simply designed to help look at the stages from a different perpective and help understand how to transition from one stage to another a bit more smoothly.

Heaven knows I need all the help I can get...40 is creeping up on me really fast and I'm freakin'! HA! :)

This spread is not complicated, you simply ask what you need to know about the...

1) Prenatal Stage – conception to birth
2) Infancy – Birth to 3 years old
3) Early Childhood – age 3 to 6
4) Middle Childhood – age 6 to puberty
5) Adolescence – start of puberty to adulthood
6) Young Adulthood – age 20 to 30
7) Young Adulthood – age 30 to 40
8) Middle Adulthood – age 40 – 50
9) Middle Adulthood - age 50 – 65
10)Later Adulthood – age 65 -75
11)Later Adulthood – Beyond 75
-------8 - 9
------7----10
------6----11
3-------5 ------ 4
---------
---------

There's a nice picture attached.

Enjoy. :)

Attachments

• ankh spread.jpg
    ankh spread.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 819

SaintOfScreams

This is such a nice spread, thank you for making it!!!

moderndayruth

What a meaningful spread! I copied it to my journal immediately ;)
Thank you, Gayla!

celeste

This was a really nice spread Gayla. I did it for myself and it seemed right on(I'm only 45 though so I got a preview of my older years!). Thanks for sharing this spread.

Guiding Cauldron

wow

great spread thank you, i need to try this out :)

silverwings94

The ANKH Spread

What a beautiful spread. I just printed it out and will give it a try tonight.
Thank you for posting it.
Blessings,
Kathy

Gayla

I'm so happy it's going over so well.

I think it is a good spread to help focus when someone can't get over a previous stage or can't come to terms with a pending one.

It's the first spread I have created in a while...I woke up on Friday morning with it in my head. :)

celticnoodle

Gayla said:
Heaven knows I need all the help I can get...40 is creeping up on me really fast and I'm freakin'! HA! :)
:laugh: Oh! I'd love to be 40 again! Gayla, you're too funny!

But, I do like the looks of this spread, and will try it soon. thanks for making it---will try to provide feedback once I've tried the spread!