A new de-enabling thread

karenquilter

1) I like comic books
2) I like anime
3) I like manga
4) I like Japanese culture (movies, books, swords, pottery, fabric, design, poetry, philosophy...)
5) I like LoScarabeo decks
6) I like art
7) I like samurai stuff (see above Japanese list)
8) Being a quilter, ornate or large borders don't bother me.

What's not to love?

Saying it looks like modern Japanese culture grafted onto a tarot deck only whets my appetite.

Folks, you need to work a lot harder.
K

Debra

Oh hell no. Just buy it then.

gregory

The art work is very wishy washy. No real manga CLOUT.

magpie9

Debra said:
Oh hell no. Just buy it then.
If your mind is completely made up to buy it, why should we work to help you not buy it? We've got better things to do than waste time and energy here.

What Debra said: Buy It.

Sphinxmoth

it is pseudo-Japanese art, lacking in all the grace, refinement, aesthetic sensibility and authenticity that the genre demands to be excellent (or even acceptable), and anyone can see those qualities are seriously deficit in that artwork. it's a two-bit knockoff of the kind of deck you are only *wishing* and *imagining* that you would like it to be.

if you really don't want to be de-enabled, why are you in here insisting people try to do that for you?

gregory

No don't. If de-enablers are telling you to, there must be something so VILE wrong with it that you will vomit the moment you see it.

You might anyway. :cool5:

Sphinxmoth

i apologise for the snark

that was not kind, and i shouldn't have written it.

base your decision on the quality of art you are willing to accept, or not accept.

I can't say anything bad about LS decks, or Japanese art, manga or anime, Japanese culture, or what sort of borders one can endure, or not.

most everyone here likes art.

but you must have some standards of quality to adhere to, or nothing has value one way or another.

gregory

Sphinxmoth said:
it is pseudo-Japanese art, lacking in all the grace, refinement, aesthetic sensibility and authenticity that the genre demands to be excellent (or even acceptable), and anyone can see those qualities are seriously deficit in that artwork. it's a two-bit knockoff of the kind of deck you are only *wishing* and *imagining* that you would like it to be.
This is all true, too :D

Cat*

karenquilter said:
You guys have to do a lot better than that if you want to de-enable me.
You're just saying that to be difficult. :D ;)

karenquilter said:
1) I like comic books
2) I like anime
3) I like manga
4) I like Japanese culture (movies, books, swords, pottery, fabric, design, poetry, philosophy...)
5) I like LoScarabeo decks
6) I like art
7) I like samurai stuff (see above Japanese list)
8) Being a quilter, ornate or large borders don't bother me.

What's not to love?
1) It's bad comic. Like I said, "the backs look like they got more artistic attention than any of the card fronts which look as if they are the sketches for the real Samurai deck."
2) It's not anime. It's Japanese symbols/imagery done in Western comic style.
3) It's not manga (see #2 for details).
4) It's a cheap imitation of cheap pseudo-Japanese art (see #1, 2, and 3).
5) All of them? Are you a serious I'll-buy-anything-LoScarabeo collector? Then why ask to be deenabled in the first place?
6) It's badly done art (see #1 for details).
7) All of it? Are you a serious hardcore I'll-buy-anything-samurai collector? Then see #5.
8) The borders are distracting, their colors don't harmonize with the color scale of the images (the Majors are even worse than the Minors), in short, they are badly "quilted."

Most of it.

Hope that helps. :)

karenquilter

That is very good. You have almost convinced me. I am willing to take it off my Christmas wish list.
K