Queen of Cups as how HE feels for her.

H-Revolution

I got the Queen of Cups next to the Page of Pentacles after asking What his feelings are for her.

It stumped me - how would you read this queen as his feelings for her? (Someone on YR who was kind enough to reply said it's him realizing how she feels for him.)

I would appreciate any thoughts :)

Eco74

Queens are not necessarily female.
The courtcards can be seen as separated between the elements, just like the suits.

Example for the suit of cups;
Page of cups - Discovery of feelings, beginnings or a start to understanding them.
Knight of cups - Acting on emotion, wearing ones heart on ones sleeve.
Queen of cups - The emotional side, trusting instinct and going by what feels right.
King of cups - The more controlled side, a full grasp of what the feelings are and mean.

I think it may signify that he has a fairly pure emotional base for his feelings.
He's simply with her because it feels right, or wants to be with her because it feels right.

Ofcourse there's also a potentially negative and needy side to the queen, but whether that comes into play also depends on the rest of the spread.
Bottom line is, it's not the gender of the court cards that matter - it's what they represent. A queen can represent a male querent, just like a king can represent a female, and just like the male/female majors can represent any gender querent.

H-Revolution

Queens are not necessarily female.
The courtcards can be seen as separated between the elements, just like the suits.

Example for the suit of cups;
Page of cups - Discovery of feelings, beginnings or a start to understanding them.
Knight of cups - Acting on emotion, wearing ones heart on ones sleeve.
Queen of cups - The emotional side, trusting instinct and going by what feels right.
King of cups - The more controlled side, a full grasp of what the feelings are and mean.

I think it may signify that he has a fairly pure emotional base for his feelings.
He's simply with her because it feels right, or wants to be with her because it feels right.

Ofcourse there's also a potentially negative and needy side to the queen, but whether that comes into play also depends on the rest of the spread.
Bottom line is, it's not the gender of the court cards that matter - it's what they represent. A queen can represent a male querent, just like a king can represent a female, and just like the male/female majors can represent any gender querent.

Thank you, Eco74! That's helpful. I really like how you broke down the courts of Cups the way you did - nice!
(Ps. Ser att du bor i Sverige - är du Svensk? Tack för hjälpen i alla fall :))

omnislashed

I don't gender the Court cards. (Or any cards, really.) Most women in my life appear as Knights, and I have a male friend who consistently shows up as The Empress.

Regarding your question, the Queen of Cups traditionally symbolizes a reflective, deeply resonant "understanding" of the other person. It's raw emotion without rational contemplation. The vibrations are purely sensory, relying on hunches and abstract, sentimental connections. So this male in question probably feels a strong connection toward this woman without logically understanding why -- he just does. It might even be based upon subconscious "cues" he picked up from her. For example, her body language, her tone of voice, or some offhand comments she made that he attributed significance to.

This Queen has a knack for intuitively picking up signals and absorbing them, even if they appear unruffled on the surface. But unlike the High Priestess, the Queen of Cups will readily expose their emotions when the circumstances feel right. However, they can also have a propensity to be extremely timid or indirect, which I've also experienced with the Cuppy Kings.

It's helpful to think of Courts not just in terms of biological sex, but in terms of the "energy" this particular person embodies. Even if it's merely situational.

whittles

Yep, what omnislashed just said is right on the mark. When I first started reading cards I had a lot of trouble with genders and court cards with relationship questions. I generally don't see them as people unless I have the gut feeling that it is a person or it is a specific question about looks etc. It's all about the energy and the feeling the card gives you. This queen looks enamored and totally absorbed with that weird looking cup lol. She is just gazing at it. To me this represents pure caring feelings and focus on the beauty of the situation without being able to focus on anything else. That's just me though!

Eco74

Thank you, Eco74! That's helpful. I really like how you broke down the courts of Cups the way you did - nice!
(Ps. Ser att du bor i Sverige - är du Svensk? Tack för hjälpen i alla fall :))

Glad I could help.
I do a similar breakdown of the other suits aswell, but then adapted to the energy of the suite in question. Never was able to just look at the one thing, always have to try to sneek a peak at the backgrounds.
(Och ja, jag är svensk. :))

H-Revolution

Glad I could help.
I do a similar breakdown of the other suits aswell, but then adapted to the energy of the suite in question. Never was able to just look at the one thing, always have to try to sneek a peak at the backgrounds.
(Och ja, jag är svensk. :))

This is so true about the courts not being necessarily based on gender. I pulled the King of Wands recently as in how I could change a situation (which was looking bleak) for the better. I realized there's a great difference between the King of Wands and the Queen of Wands. I took it as me having to be more of a risk taker, show passion and be confident and original. It makes sense! The QoW has different qualities that wouldn't fit the purpose even though I'm a woman :)

(Kul att kommunicera med en svensk. Jag bor i New York så det var oväntat:))

H-Revolution

I don't gender the Court cards. (Or any cards, really.) Most women in my life appear as Knights, and I have a male friend who consistently shows up as The Empress.

Regarding your question, the Queen of Cups traditionally symbolizes a reflective, deeply resonant "understanding" of the other person. It's raw emotion without rational contemplation. The vibrations are purely sensory, relying on hunches and abstract, sentimental connections. So this male in question probably feels a strong connection toward this woman without logically understanding why -- he just does. It might even be based upon subconscious "cues" he picked up from her. For example, her body language, her tone of voice, or some offhand comments she made that he attributed significance to.

This Queen has a knack for intuitively picking up signals and absorbing them, even if they appear unruffled on the surface. But unlike the High Priestess, the Queen of Cups will readily expose their emotions when the circumstances feel right. However, they can also have a propensity to be extremely timid or indirect, which I've also experienced with the Cuppy Kings.

It's helpful to think of Courts not just in terms of biological sex, but in terms of the "energy" this particular person embodies. Even if it's merely situational.

This is super helpful!! Thank you, omnislashed! I particularly like how your friends show up in readings "reversed" gender wise. :)

H-Revolution

Yep, what omnislashed just said is right on the mark. When I first started reading cards I had a lot of trouble with genders and court cards with relationship questions. I generally don't see them as people unless I have the gut feeling that it is a person or it is a specific question about looks etc. It's all about the energy and the feeling the card gives you. This queen looks enamored and totally absorbed with that weird looking cup lol. She is just gazing at it. To me this represents pure caring feelings and focus on the beauty of the situation without being able to focus on anything else. That's just me though!

Thank you, whittles! Makes sense to me :)

Frank White

I know this is an older thread but it's relevant. I just asked "how do I really feel about her?" and pulled the Queen of Cups. This description is like omnislash was reading my mind and watched she and I interact all our lives. I mean it couldn't be more accurate in describing how I feel about her!

Omnislash, great interpretation!