Sacred Circle - The Web

inanna_tarot

Not Celtic, but a nordic name for the same thing is the web of wyrd - and however everything we do is inter-related and effecting ourselves and others. Of course, the nordic pantheon has the 3 Fates or Norns - Urth (the past), Verthandi (the present), and Skuld (the future). I cant think of any celtic Fates as such, but there is the Triple Goddess that acts like the Fates i guess.
Is it just me or is this card VERY similar to the Death card in the way the model is posing, the dress very similar etc. Maybe a link between the two perhaps?

Sezo
x

Fulgour

I've been noticing a lot of old spider webs, still there even
though abondoned from the Summer months... They are
very haunting to look at, dusty and torn, yet still so strong.

The feeling I get is how even when not active, there is a
lingering power in the webs, their tangled essence remains.

MeeWah

Inanna_Tarot: I also find 11-The Web & 13-Death very similar, & have gotten them mixed up if I do not look at the card numbers or the entire image. Even what they represent appear to be the same: death, initiation/life, rebirth; however, there is a difference in their application.

In the cosmic scheme of life, all forms of life are intrinsically linked as of the same origin, from One Source. The concept is what one part does or how it reacts affects all other parts due to that connection. The Web has that intrinsic quality of cause & effect. In the Great Web (Circle) of Life presided over by Goddess, we are each represented by a thread. Each thread is woven betwixt all others & thus part of a greater whole. That infers how we each maintain our individual thread impacts all other threads. If one thread is not stable, it compromises the stability of the others or forces others to take up the slack. As one's awareness & consciousness grows of the wholistic pattern, we can seek to become more attuned to its subtleties & contribute the individual efforts to maintaining The Web for the good of the whole.

Death is a part of the cycle of life for without death--the old dying to make way for the new--there can be no life. The two dualities are linked to each other & harken back to The Web. In Death, we have already undergone the prior cycle of 12-Sacrifice (which can also be seen as an initiatory process) wherein we give up an old life pattern to enter a new pattern. That Death is 13 is significant as it pertains to the 13 lunar months which at their end marks the end of the Wheel of the Year or a cycle. The Death experience need not necessarily mean physical death. It can refer to the major life experiences as union, separation, losses or an actual birth. As a marker of the figurative to literal ending, it can represent any life change or evolution that perforce requires its recognition & redress. How one approaches this transformative experience will determine the ease or difficulty of passage.

sharpchick

MeeWah said:
The concept of a-tone-ment is actually that of at-one-ment. A higher attunement (vibration) that by the judicious adjustment, achieves balance & healing.

Oh, I love that - that goes in the SC journal.

tmgrl2

What a beautiful thread....will have to read the links in more detail.

I have always loved webs....when it rains, those that were once not visible or at least hidden in plan sight, appear....as though unmasked by an element.

I don't know if you can see this picture...I took it after a rain.

Attachments

• rainweb1.jpg
    rainweb1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 588

sharpchick

Now that is just drop-dead gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing.

tmgrl2

Thanks, sharpchick...what amazed me when I took the photo was the size of the web...it was huge!!

But then we have Wolf Spiders in our yard...I found one in my kitchen sink one morning...larger than a tarantula...size of my hand...about 6 inch span all across legs...freaked out and had to call local environmentalists...to find out that they rarely find their way into the house...

The spider...can be so frightening...yet the Web so amazingly beautiful...so much paradox between and spider and its web....

That's one of the elements that makes the images in this deck so powerful!

terri

sharpchick

Well, I'd have freaked out at finding a spider that size, also.

And yes, this is one of my favorite cards in the deck. I love the concept of the "ripple-effect" on the web - that our actions have consequences that ripple out to others. Excellent imagery to illustrate karma.

bluecaffeine

the web

I like this card, I like the picture. On bad days I see that the threads can be cut, but on good days I see the connection to the universe. I feel connected with the nature but not very often with people.