a Tarot zine

Ophiel

Some years back, there was a 'zine' publication devoted entirely to Tarot cards. I recall that subscribers were invited to make cards and send them on, or something like that.

Does anybody recall something like this?

HudsonGray

I know there's currently something like 3 online zines, but nothing published as a 'magazine' that gets sent out to subscribers in hard copy. Wish there was! You'd think there should be something published but I've never been able to locate anything.

Does anyone else know if there is?

I don't recall any that had people submitting cards though.

jmd

There's a monthly four-page newsletter coming from the end of this week, if anyone's interested - contact me if you wish to receive a copy.

Though the focus of the newsletter is for the forthcoming Melbourne Conference (July 2005), it will contain various items of interest. If you wish to also contribute, please let me know - space will remain limited.

The first edition's e.version will be without the artwork, as we just didn't get the time to put it together (the hard copy has the artwork included).

Ophiel

Hi HudsonGray.

Actually, I did subscribe to this publication some years ago when I was very active in the 'zine' scene. I forget what these sort of publications are called, where they were sent around and people added to them, sent it on. Unfortunately, my copies did not make it this far in my life with me.

Ravenswing

zine

hi guys--

a few years back i edited/published a tarot zine called 'tarot views'. i think i've still got the masters somewhere. if you're interested in it, let me know and i'll see if i can put some together.

there's also tapestry magazine:

e-mail:

crystalsage@tapestry-magazine.com

for info.

ravenswing

crickwitch

Back in the Dark Ages (1981-1990?), there was a printed Tarot 'zine called Tarot Network News put out by Gary Ross from the San Francisco area. I still have some old back issues...fun now to see ads for today's $150 collector's decks being sold for their original $20 price tag. Ahhhh, if we knew then what we know now.... :)
There was also an english language Tarot magazine from Denmark called Manteia from the late 80s/early 90s. Maybe one of these is the one you are thinking of?
Feeling o-o-old now, Crick

Ophiel

Thanks Crickwitch, I think this is the one. I used to be very active in mail art, zines, all that good stuff, in the late eighties - early ninties. I think this is the one. When I discovered mail art and the huge community of great people, Tarot was one of the topics I sought out. I think I even had an issue or two of this zine (was damaged and tossed years ago.) I didn't realize at the time what a great adventure I could have shared in, had I participated more fully. This was a fantastic idea, but probably wouldn't work as well today.

Thanks again. Actually, I thought some of our Tarotists here might want to know about this project from the past.