5 Swords-Deviant Moon

zephyr_heart

Hi everyone, this is my first thread about this deck. Hope you don't mind if I join.

The usually-present-sword-picking-guy is back in this deck, two swords on his shoulder, one in hand, the other two on the ground. He looks towards his back, and stick out his tongue, as if mocking towards his defeated opponent, who is raising a white flag-symbolism for defeat-from behind the safe walls of the city. There is some thunder bolts in the distance in the skies.

My thoughts:
  • "Someone who treats the losers badly"
  • "Someone who is always fraudulent"

Any more thoughts?

Regards,
zephyr

shotthebreeze

zephyr_heart said:
Hi everyone, this is my first thread about this deck. Hope you don't mind if I join.

The usually-present-sword-picking-guy is back in this deck, two swords on his shoulder, one in hand, the other two on the ground. He looks towards his back, and stick out his tongue, as if mocking towards his defeated opponent, who is raising a white flag-symbolism for defeat-from behind the safe walls of the city. There is some thunder bolts in the distance in the skies.

My thoughts:
  • "Someone who treats the losers badly"
  • "Someone who is always fraudulent"

Any more thoughts?

Regards,
zephyr

I have the deck and I'm looking at the card right now along with reading your description. I feel like he's very much someone who cannot be trusted and as a result he unfairly beat the opponent and now he's picking up what the opponent lost during the battle. I always saw him as an arrogant cheat and as someone who karma doesn't treat too kindly later on.

callistoluna

My thoughts on this character is that he is an experienced veteran at this kind of conquest. His clothes look quite formal - as if from a military background - and quite well decoarted. I think he has done this thing before and it is the reason why he is doing so well at the expense of others. He's not humble about his victories either. In fact, he looks quite mocking as he sticks his tongue out (quite a childish gesture) at the surrendered in the background. A victory for him, but at what cost - how hollow if it was unfairly won?

seeker1969

When I see this card I can't help thinking of the kid on the playground who stole your ball, sticking out his tongue and saying "nanny-nanny-boo-boo"

Umbrae

PV writes in his LWB: "A foreign soldier has entered the city. He shows no respect to the king and dishounors him with his tactics. It is impossible to win against such a foe, so it is best not to fight for now. Gloating over his victory the soldier collects the five sours that surrundered to him."

NOT a nice guy. Not a good meaning...

staroflondon

The figure reminds me of a child/adolescent bully who wins every time because no one will take on or confront him due to being paralysed by fear and bodily harm. He's taller than everyone else and broader - and uses his size to overpower others as it wouldn't be an even match or fair fight with anyone else in the playground. He picks on others, taunts them and takes their possessions. Possibly authority figures as well - teachers, social workers and parents - afraid to touch or discipline a child who acts out and threatens, mistreats and abuses others.

There is a white flag in the distance - flying from the city - a sign of surrender.

I also think of illegal activities and groups of people working in that world (a shadow side) - like mafia (The Godfather), drug lords, even politicians - lol! But a person rising through the ranks by using control and fear. Strategising to build a empire where the majority are not respected or listened to. The figure does look like a leader, empire builder, military personal given his clothes - a possible dictator or military government who no one will confront or challenge - like Mugabi, Burma or Saudi Arabia - where people are suffering and their leaders or politicians just stick their tongues out to the rest of the world.

'You can't touch me....'