Dreaming about loved ones who have passed.

Melisandre

In general, I consider myself a very active dreamer, but this weekend was just more interesting than most.

From time to time, I will dream about a good friend who passed away from cancer in her early 20's. This past weekend I went to bed and dreamed of her again. We were involved in a friendly competetion as part of a team. Our other friends were there and there was a strong feeling of solidarity. Oddly, this dream came after another dream in the same night, in which I was getting married but none of my friends came to my wedding.... ANYWAY. I woke up, didn't think much of it, and went about my business. After logging in to Facebook, I realized that it was her birthday. I'd completely forgotten since I'm just terrible at birthdays in general.

I was surprised and told my boyfriend about the dream. Our conversation got around to talking about dreams in general and I mentioned that I never dream about my grandfather, who passed away 15 years ago. My exact words were "I never dream about grandpop - I wish I would." Fast forward to that night.... I had an alarmingly clear dream about my grandfather. Usually in my dreams people don't look the way they do in real life (i.e., I'll dream about my mom but my dream mom doesn't look like my real mom, but I know it's her anyway). In this dream, he looked exactly right, exactly how I remember. We sat and talked about everyday things. We talked about how terrible our favorite NFL team is doing this season, and I joked with him that next season would be the season. He asked me about all about my new boyfriend, and we talked about the damage that Sandy did to his/our town. All normal things that he would be interested in. It wasn't anything crazy but I woke up feeling so amazed.

Now my question to all of you is this: when you dream of people who have passed, do you think there's a possibility that you've actually connected or do you think it's your subconscious dreaming about something you would love to have happen to you? Part of me thinks that since it had been on my mind that day, it makes natural sense to have dreamt of my grandfather that night. BUT, I have wished and wished a million times to dream of him. That day was the first time I ever said it out loud, and lo and behold, I got my wish. I like to think that maybe he heard me and dropped in for a visit, but my logical side says it's just not possible. I'm not a psychic or a medium, and I'm not sure I would have the capability for such a thing...

ghost271

I think that our loved ones do visit us in dreams as thats one of the easiest ways for them to communicate with us. Id encourage you to speak to them once in awhile as you go about your everyday life. My grandparents passed just after Christmas a number of years ago and they both visited me in my dream and gave me a big hug and told us how much they loved me. I am also clairvoyent so i sense them around at different times. I have also had my cats visit me in my dreams to cuddle up for pet and spend some time.

amethyst57

you do actually connect with a loved one or someone not so loved in your dreams...
they usually are just checking with you, or warning you about something or someone...
sometimes it's easier for them to do it that way, so they don't spook you...

i.e.,my dad drops in quite often in my dreams, very loving conversations like when he was alive...then on the other hand, my ex hubby drops in to harrasss me as he did in life...

it depends on your living relationship with them....and their personalities are the same, but physical ailments are gone...

MsRubyRain

I have visitations in my dreams. I even met my grandfather who died before I was born. It's a wonderful gift. Enjoy those visits.

momentarylight

In general, I consider myself a very active dreamer, but this weekend was just more interesting than most.

From time to time, I will dream about a good friend who passed away from cancer in her early 20's. This past weekend I went to bed and dreamed of her again. We were involved in a friendly competetion as part of a team. Our other friends were there and there was a strong feeling of solidarity. Oddly, this dream came after another dream in the same night, in which I was getting married but none of my friends came to my wedding.... ANYWAY. I woke up, didn't think much of it, and went about my business. After logging in to Facebook, I realized that it was her birthday. I'd completely forgotten since I'm just terrible at birthdays in general.

I was surprised and told my boyfriend about the dream. Our conversation got around to talking about dreams in general and I mentioned that I never dream about my grandfather, who passed away 15 years ago. My exact words were "I never dream about grandpop - I wish I would." Fast forward to that night.... I had an alarmingly clear dream about my grandfather. Usually in my dreams people don't look the way they do in real life (i.e., I'll dream about my mom but my dream mom doesn't look like my real mom, but I know it's her anyway). In this dream, he looked exactly right, exactly how I remember. We sat and talked about everyday things. We talked about how terrible our favorite NFL team is doing this season, and I joked with him that next season would be the season. He asked me about all about my new boyfriend, and we talked about the damage that Sandy did to his/our town. All normal things that he would be interested in. It wasn't anything crazy but I woke up feeling so amazed.

Now my question to all of you is this: when you dream of people who have passed, do you think there's a possibility that you've actually connected or do you think it's your subconscious dreaming about something you would love to have happen to you? Part of me thinks that since it had been on my mind that day, it makes natural sense to have dreamt of my grandfather that night. BUT, I have wished and wished a million times to dream of him. That day was the first time I ever said it out loud, and lo and behold, I got my wish. I like to think that maybe he heard me and dropped in for a visit, but my logical side says it's just not possible. I'm not a psychic or a medium, and I'm not sure I would have the capability for such a thing...

Dreams can mean many things but a dream as specific as yours would almost certainly mean that you had a genuine encounter with your grandfather.

I also believe that when we sleep our spirit journeys to the astral realms and this could be a deeper explanation. This could have happened with you in your encounter with your grandfather and you are remembering it as a dream. The same situation could explain your memory of your girl friend.

Where there is a genuine relationship of love, the bond with loved ones who have passed remains strong. I personally believe that and it is a great source of strength.

May I suggest that you remain open and continue to think about and speak with your loved ones who have passed. You can do this simply through thought or writing. I believe you can also do this with your spirit guides. Just saying that you are open and willing to receive any communication could be enough. Take the whole thing gently however :).

It would be better to do this in quiet time set aside for the purpose but it is amazing how symbols and thoughts will come to you if the time is right. The spirit world is in no rush, however, and the timing and the conditions have to be right :).

It is amazing how simple thoughts and symbols come to us at any time from the spirit world if we are quietly open. You don't have to be a psychic or medium to have these things happen.

But just for now, you have been given a beautiful encounter with someone you loved. That is very special and the memory of it will carry you forward. :)

momentarylight

I'd like to add that it could be helpful to keep a journal of your dreams and even note your thinking and experiences in a daily journal.

Memories and thoughts disappear quickly in a very short time and I've found it helpful to simply record significant things.

Good luck and blessings on your journey :)

celticnoodle

yes, our deceased loved ones can and do come to us in dreams. My childhood/teenage friend, who died tragically at age 18 came to me a few times in my dreams--giving me information of things to come about in the near future--and they did come to be.

My other relatives and friends also come to me in my dreams. Mainly, while I'm sleeping. It is when we are most able to make that connection-during our sleeping state. I do feel that our deceased loved ones are around us all the time--(now, not LITERALLY ALL THE TIME, but you know what I mean, I hope, lol)--and they are able to connect to us. I also get deceased people coming to me for my customers--before I even get them as a customer. I won't know who or why this spirit is approaching me, till my customer books or comes in at the last minute for a reading and the spirit will show up again. Sometimes, they will identify who they are and who they are coming for, if it is for a friend or customer that I get on a regular basis. Can make for some interesting dreams, I tell ya! ;)

My dad, maternal aunt and grandmother are my most frequent visitors. I feel them with me often. In fact, my husbands dear departed grandmother came to me last night while I slept. At first, I didn't even recognize her and wondered who she was--till she came up close to me. I think this is the first time she ever came to me. She didn't talk at all--just stood in front of me, looking at me. I asked her a question, but she never answered me. however, upon waking, I got the distinct impression that she wanted to tell me something but was not able to do so. I am hoping that it will soon become apparent to me what it was she was wanting to convey to me on that visit.

If you wish to have visits, I'll tell you what I tell all my customers who ask me this question-talk to them. share your day with them. tell them you would like to see them, have them come to you. They may not show up immediately--but they will eventually do their best to make contact with you - on THEIR time. that is the one thing with spirits. they have no understanding anymore of time here on earth. :p

SunChariot

I absolutelu think that you can connect to someone who is in spirit through your dreams. IN that case you are doing more than dreaming you are actually in direct contact wtih that person. They can come to you in your dreams and be with you in a real way.

Angels can do that and our loved ones who have passed on can also. The day my father died, when I fell asleep I had that kind fo dream too. And I always knew it was really him.

I also believe that our loved ones remain with us in spirit and help look afger us. And I believe it is no coincidence that your grandfather came to you in a dream right after you had said that you wished he would. I beleive he heard your requesst and purposely came to give you want you had asked for.

The night I had my dream from my father it was just like that. VERY realistic. It felt exactly Like we were really there togethter. He looked exactly like, whic for me almost never happens in a dream too. And everything passed exactly in real time and was very very realistic. Nothing happened taht could hot have happened exactly as it would have in realy life.

We "met' in the shopping centre across the street that was still under construction. And it was very very realisitic. The state of disrepair and the lighting were exactly what they would nirmally have been at the exact time of ngiht.

Everything was 100% realistic too in mine. And very very real. I knew immediately it was really him and somehow he had "arranged" this and brought me there. In my case as ath the time there was a bit of discord between us when he died and I believe he wanted to resolve it before he moved on.

But my answer is a resounding yes. I know it can happen as I have exoerienced it. And I believe your grandfather heard your request and because he loved you he came to you to make it a reality. My belief is that there is more than a possibily they can do that,. I am sure of it. It happened to me over 30 years ago and it was so powerful that I have been sure ever since.

Babs

SunChariot

I have visitations in my dreams. I even met my grandfather who died before I was born. It's a wonderful gift. Enjoy those visits.

That's just so beautofil. That he loved you so much he wanted to make himself known to you, even though you had never met in person!

Babs

Melisandre

I didn't realize there had been more activity on this thread!

Thank you all for your responses -- your stories have literally brought tears to my eyes (I'm a mushball, lol). But more than that, it's so nice to hear from others who believe that what I experienced was real.

Those of you who said to remain open and to ask loved ones/spirit guides to visit... I will absolutely try that, and update back if anything occurs :)