"Three Month Time Tree" Spread

Wisp Wings

I thought I would post a few of my spreads. This one is I am sure one that others have made up something similar to when the need presence itself, as with me. I have had some great results in this one.

"Three Month Time Tree"

The shape is somewhat tree-shape and why I chose this name for it.

*********9********
*******7***8******
*****4***5***6****
*******2***3******
*********1********

Shuffle and cut as you want. When ready to lay-out the spread lay One as first card placed and end with Nine as the last placed.

Position 1: Past

Positions 2 and 3: Current, the Now.

Positions 4, 5, and 6: Up to One Month from the date of the reading. Should apply between week 1 through week 4.

Positions 7 and 8: Up to Two Months from the date of the reading.
Should apply between week 5 through week 8.

Position 9: Up to Three Months Out. Should apply between week 9 through week 12.

Additional Notes:

Since this is reflective of three months, Position 1 - Pass usually is something that is recent past or as much as three months past.

Why that there is the number of cards used for the positions is Past is how it is relating to the present. I felt to have two cards helped to blend what all is happening at present. The 'Up to One Month' has the most cards and why this is, is the future is most likely to run along the same course that we have been traveling within the shorter time frame. Where changes are is shown between the Current/Now and the "Up to One Month". As we move more distance the less consist it is and the more the variables that would come into play, so I used less cards the further out time was.

WalesWoman

Wow! I made up a spread with the same shape last night for someone, only instead of 9 positions there were 8. The questions were different but the last question sums up the major influence for the next three months. I called mine the arrowhead spread, since it look like an arrow pointing things out. I just thought I'd let you know that in advance in case you thought I'd copied you. If it doesn't work, can I use yours instead?

Wisp Wings

Sure you may use it! Anyone else wishing to may also.

I understand on making similar spreads too. I wouldn't think that you copied it. I think we as readers often come across the same needs and so we often work at making very like-minded spreads and there is many that is modifications. I believe your spread will work most likely like a charm.

I know the "Three Month Time Tree" works well, as it is tried and true. Another reason I chose to name it this, is the past is a part of growth that has already happened, much as lower branches of a tree and all the way back to the root system. The future months will branch and leave out as it is yet to come. The future isn't concrete, but if staying the same course a likely scenario can be seen.

By the way, again in not at all surprised that you and I both have developed similar spreads, I all the more can see this with the two of us. Two things I have noticed with the two of us is we use the same quote in our signatures, but asign it to different authors and the other item is are ID's both are two words with both words starting with "W". There has to be something said on the similarities of all this, I would think. :)

I wish you luck with and hope you post your Arrow Spread. I would like to see it and maybe give it a try if okay to. Always great to have a difference in spreads for whatever the individual needs are that arise.

WalesWoman

Oh Wow (more WW humor)! I hadn't thought about these similarities until you pointed it out. Nothing is ever of coincidence, so there must be a reason and I'm sure we will discover it, like right now.

I found this quotation in the beginning of a book I was reading and really liked it, so I just assumed who ever used this had attributed it to the right person, but you never know, maybe she just heard...wait isn't Pamela Starr a cartoon strip??? So it's probably one of those both are correct, if that's the case!

I even thought about a tree and trying to make the reading be a leafing out of it, but decided just to keep things simple. I'll be glad to post mine, after it's passed it's first road test. I'll let the person I did a reading for be the deciding factor in this. Mine being an arrow seemed to speak more harshly and directly, while yours said the same thing but much more eloquently and gently. I would have never thought such a thing was possible, figuring the cards will say what ever they need to say, but it is.
Thanks for your thoughts,
Deb

Star1234

Spread

Great Spread. It helps quite a bit.