Thread: Shamanite
View Single Post
Citizen

Beancrew49 

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnie View Post
I stumbled upon Shamanite at the Gemfest yesterday. Of course I had to get some... It is a form of 'black calcite' even though it feels very different and looks grey black to me ...

I think they said it hailed from Nevada. Does anyone have experience with this stone? Thanks.
I have a tumbled piece. They are fairly rare to find. I don't think they've found any in Nevada. I'm fairly certain they've only been found in Colorado. Native Americans have been using the stone for journeying for a long time now, but the stone is relatively new to the crystal community.

I use it for shamanic journeying, and it has been pretty effective in helping me to be more aware and present when going to the underworld. I like to use it in conjunction with Iolite, Nuummite, and Indigo Gabbro which really helps me to get more from the experience.

You can learn more about it here: http://www.metaguides.net/pbos193.jpg

Keep in mind that this synopsis was written by Robert Simmons, who is the person who introduced the stone to the crystal community, named it, and is selling it for profit, so take it as you will. I feel his summary is accurate but heavily embellished. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Top   #3