Three way choice

Minderwiz

A couple of months back mojo posted a choices spread that was quite interesting and could be used to examine too alternative courses of action (I believe he suggested one was 'heart' and the other'head').

I am doing a Tarot course and recently we've been using a very similar spread, though not identical, called the Balance spread. One of the questions on my latest progress test is how could the spread be used if there are three alternatives, call them A, B and C.

Now I can see that one possibility might be to do two readings, one leading to a choice between A and B and then a second reading to choose between the 'winner' and C. But that seems to cumbersome. I've also thought of adding a third group of three cards for the third choice on the basis of a three dimensional balance. But I keep feeling that a better way would be 'not to start from here' that is use a purpose designed spread for three choices (using at least three cards for each choice).

Has anyone come across such a spread or can point me to a previous thread.

Minderwiz

Minderwiz

Thanks Diana - you seem to be coming to my aid quite a lot recently and I do appreciate it. I'll save my old Guardians for you and post them out to the US.

Minderwiz

lili

I just found a good alternative spread i will se if i can post it for you guys

Moongold

More decisions

You might as well have some choices (LOL)

Here are two more spreads you could use if you wanted to. These are from The complete book of Tarot spreads by Burger and Fiebig. You'd have to do successive spreads but it could be worthwhile:

1. Situation
2. Task
3. Decision

1 & 2: Where you came from
3 & 4: Where you are headed, including the dangers/chances
1 & 3: This speaks against it
2 & 4: This speaks in favour if it
5: The decision

And the last.....Reasons for the decision

1. Key or main aspect
2. This what drives you
3. Outside influences
4. Danger or risk
5. This is how it will work out

Good luck....

Moongold

Minderwiz

Thanks a lot Moongold, I've also ordered the book that you mention as well.

Minderwiz

Moongold

And another

This is fun:

2.........5........ 8

Choice A

1. This is for it
2. This opposes it
3. Quintessential card for Choice A

Choice B

4. This is for it
5. This opposes it
6. Quintessential card for Choice B

Choice C

7. This is for it
8. This opposes it
9. Quintessential card for Choice C

This is only the second spread I've ever constructed (very spontaneously on a quiet Saturday evening) but I had some fun playing with it. You couldn't really call it fully tested but it does give you a bit of an overview of some of the issues.

Better than throwing a dice? Hmmm...Ultimately you're going to have to make a choice.

Cheers...

Moongold

Minderwiz

Hmmmmmmm.......I can see that I'm going to have a problem deciding which spread to use to choose which spread to choose. :)

Thanks again Moongold

Minderwiz