How to use tarot to pick numbers for lotto ?

Marlo

I wonder if any of you have ever used its tarot to choose numbers to play lotto. If so, what is your technique ?

I've tried the following method with the RWS : 1 to 22 = Magician to Fool, 23 to 36 = suit of Wands (starting from ace), 37 to 50 = suit of Cups, 51 to 64 = suit of Swords, 65 to 78 = suit of Coins.

As lotto got 49 numbers, if i pick up a card with a higher number, i usually add tens and units, and if i get two same results, i multiply.

However, when i apply this method, i have the feeling it's not very effective.

Anyone got a better idea ?

Le Fanu

Presumably, someone who has already won? I won't believe any method unless the person has won. })

I have never used tarot for this but the Modiano Cartes della Fortuna (image attached) actually have lottery numbers on the corners of the cards (52 cards; 1-52). The lottery here is based on numbers 1-50 so I select five cards plus two extra cards for the "star" cards (I don't know how your lottery works).

I've used them a few times to choose my numbers but so far haven't won anything. So I guess that means they don't work. :(.

Attachments

• Modiano.jpg
    Modiano.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 5,324

Marlo

Ooh i've never heard of that tarot before, thanks a lot Le Fanu, i will try it and see what happen.

If i win the jackpot i'll share some of my wealth with you for giving me this idea :D

In France, we got the traditional lotto, some other games with the same rules, and another one called Keno with 70 numbers. You can choose from 2 to 10 numbers.

Le Fanu

Ooh i've never heard of that tarot before, thanks a lot Le Fanu, i will try it and see what happen.

If i win the jackpot i'll share some of my wealth with you for giving me this idea :D

In France, we got the traditional lotto, some other games with the same rules, and another one called Keno with 70 numbers. You can choose from 2 to 10 numbers.
It's not tarot - of course - but you can use them however you wish! It's good for the Euromillions, which I'm guessing you have in France; pick 5 numbers, 1-50 plus two extra "star" numbers from 1-10.

Like I say, I keep trying, but no luck yet!

I'd be curious to hear if anyone has worked out a more tarot-based way. I have been tempted to just get a playing card deck and use it only for the lottery, but which two cards - out of 52 - would I eliminate?

Maybe it's a good use for an incomplete deck. Now there's an idea! I have an incomplete Papus deck which may well have 50 cards...

Marlo

Is there any word to define this kind of deck ? My english is limited at times.

And i agree, it's difficult to choose what card to remove from the deck, i feel it would upset the whole energy of it.

Maybe there are some Oracles that could be used for that.

I've checked the Papus deck you were talking about. It looks very mysterious.

SunChariot

I wonder if any of you have ever used its tarot to choose numbers to play lotto. If so, what is your technique ?

I've tried the following method with the RWS : 1 to 22 = Magician to Fool, 23 to 36 = suit of Wands (starting from ace), 37 to 50 = suit of Cups, 51 to 64 = suit of Swords, 65 to 78 = suit of Coins.

As lotto got 49 numbers, if i pick up a card with a higher number, i usually add tens and units, and if i get two same results, i multiply.

However, when i apply this method, i have the feeling it's not very effective.

My understanding of how Tarot (ot any divination tool) works is that it will never answer that kind of question no matter what you do. The cards are not going to just up and give you the winning combination to win the 50 million dollars, even though they could if they wanted to.

The way I learnt it, the cards are a spiritual tool, to help us understand life better and to better ourselves and deepen our connection even. But if we try to ask questions about how to win money they just will not answer. Spiritual tools cannot be used in that way. As much as I hate this word here, the word "greed" is the one I heard used about this when I was learning. That spiritual tools can only be used for spiritual purposes. And trying to win large sums of money...is not that.

Just telling you what i was told when learning.

Babs

Mabuse

My understanding of how Tarot (ot any divination tool) works is that it will never answer that kind of question no matter what you do. The cards are not going to just up and give you the winning combination to win the 50 million dollars, even though they could if they wanted to.
Babs

You do realize that Tarot was not originally designed as a divination tool? Tarot, at least as originally conceived, is a type of card game. Divination is a re-purposing of the Tarot. Why is the OP's re-purposing less legit than the use of Tarot for divinatory purposes?

Zephyros

Besides, it's all fun. When I worked for gambling sites I came to the not very difficult conclusion that when you play a game, you're not paying for a chance to win, but for the entertainment of playing. It may not be "mystical" to choose lottery numbers with the cards, and it will probably not work, but so what, it's all for fun, and there is no difference between that and pulling numbers out of a hat, or from thin air.

(I remember a member here once asked whether to put mushrooms in a certain dish. While not a very spiritual question, the answer was yes, and I was told it came out delicious)

Tarot is a game we constantly make up rules for on the fly; anyone who limits their use of it to certain preconceived notions are doing themselves a disservice.

Marlo

That spiritual tools can only be used for spiritual purposes. And trying to win large sums of money...is not that.

Babs

Money can have some spiritual purposes especially when you want to do good around you, don't you think ?

In another hand, i understand your point of view. As i said, before, when i use tarot cards for this, i can sense the numbers i get, won't be that effective. That's why i asked if anyone got a better idea :)

Closrapexa, i like your definition of the entertaining. And when you say that "tarot is a game we constantly make up rules for on the fly", it involves an idea of experimentation that helps us to deepen our knowledge about it.

Zephyros

Even Aleister Crowley once said that there can be no spiritual path if you're hungry (or something to that effect)