Bohemian Gothic Tarot - Knight of Swords

Thirteen

sharpchick said:
I didn't even have to look at the book to know that he's standing in a room where people have been subjected to torture - look at those weapons, implements of pain.
True. But they do make people talk. Don't they? Very apt for a Knight/Swords. Lots of communication going on in his dungeon.

Just a little dark humor there. ;)

Alisa13

When I look at this guy, the Knight of Swords, what hits me immediately is DON'T FEEL. Swords are known for truth & action but not feeling.
When I look at him I think, "What happened to you? How did you get to be this way? What made you think this is appropriate?"
I see a scene of all his past experiences and at each step he chose darkness. He looks like he is holding his breath and trying not to breathe or live, locked in the memory of the misery of his past and from that the darkness of his future.

DesertRebel

I am completely mesmerized by this deck...will buy it and it will become my only one,so captivated by each of the cards,the eary and seductively haunting feel they all have. as if they are calling us,like the ladies in card going threw those dark corridors to come and play. This deck also kind of gives me the ''everything is seen different in the moonlight,in the dark'' it just sheds such a...chilling truth to the normal RW cards.

This card described the man I was seeing once and an ex-friend. His line of work is not exactly what one would say is.....just.And he was eaxtcly how you all describe the KOS.Extremely charming, devastating,dark,hypnotizing look,a very powerfull feel about him,but very....suave way of speaking,he always put such a big meaning to etiquette,to the way he expressed himself,his cothes,his manners....seductively charming. He never said it out loud per se,but the way he carried himself told me really,really liked to leave the impression to people that he is well spoken,eloquent and yet with that alluring dangerous look you could tell that this man,if he was in some sinister and dark line of work-is most likely at the top of that chain,not at the bottom. However,one day we got into talking about the movie Schindlers list and basically what he said was...That the message of the movie was idiotic,that its kind of pathetic and melodramatic that Shildre saved the Jews ,and that he would kill them all ( he is a Nazi ). I asked well,would he kill the women and children as well,and he said that yes,he would. Then, since I am part Israeli I asked him,well ,if he was a Nazi officer and I came in one of the cargos,would he let them kill me? He said that he wouldnt,I kind of mocked that answer of his and said that it wouldnt have been out of kindness but because he would be attracted to me and wanting sex ,which isnt the sam eas genuine care for someone else and then he said
'' No,Id have sex with you and then throw you to the fire''

annik

He look a little pale, serious and dangerous. He seems to be surrounded by death.

Thirteen

I kind of mocked that answer of his and said that it wouldnt have been out of kindness but because he would be attracted to me and wanting sex ,which isnt the sam eas genuine care for someone else and then he said
'' No,Id have sex with you and then throw you to the fire''
Scary guy. I'm glad he's an "ex"--I'm not sure he was ever a "friend."

swedishfish612

I've had the "pleasure" of knowing 2 Knights of Swords in real life, one a friend and the other a man I loved. Neither were necessarily cruel or evil, just 100% convinced that their worldview was the correct one, and of course their worldviews were based on intellect, reason, logic. The first, my friend, eventually grew and changed and I don't know that I'd call him a Knight of Swords at all anymore. I'd say he's grown into a King of Swords.

The other, ugh...the heartbreak of my life. I've never fallen so hard and acted so completely unlike myself as I did during my time with him. Without even meaning to, his opinions became my opinions and I didn't know what I thought or felt until I figured out his stance first. I realize now that it was a blessing that he dumped me (b/c I just never could fit into the box he needed me to fit into), because I think the force of his personality would've completely obliterated mine, and I was just going to let it happen.

But going back to this card...I'm not saying that what happens in that torture room is not evil, I'm just saying that I doubt the Knight sees it that way himself. In his mind, what he does is always utterly correct. He makes no mistakes. There's a self-righteousness there that blinds him to the consequences of his own actions. One of the previous posters said he probably goes home to his wife and children, and I can totally see that. It wouldn't surprise me if he sees himself as a completely virtuous man!

The Knight of Swords in general always makes me think of Javert from Les Mis. On a path that will lead to his own destruction, and perhaps he even knows it will be his undoing. But he's so convinced that he is doing the right thing, that he's damned well going to keep on going anyway.