eclipses and travel

SilentBreeze

I realized I planned some travel around the time of the solar eclipse. What would a solar eclipse mean for travel? I've searched the internet everywhere and these seems to be no info. I've just learned a bit about eclipses, and how they bring shake ups. So now I'm a bit nervous about the travel. So does anyone have any ideas?

Zezina

What an interesting thought!

A solar eclipse never lasts long, and my memory of one is that the effect is to bring a very grey cold presence to the whole atmosphere, while the moon passes in front of the sun.

So for travel purposes it should be no more difficult than night-time travel. Even if you are driving, headlights could be turned on to give better vision. And as a passenger, plane, train, bus, boat etc., the same should apply.

I wonder if you were thinking of electrical, mechanical or other disturbances, but I'm not aware that those would be a problem.

Others may be able to expand on this, but I doubt it would need to affect your travel plans.

Have fun on your travel! Just don't look up at the sun - that is very damaging to your eyes.

SilentBreeze

I meant more as in in the spiritual, and non-physical realm. I've heard its a bad sign, and brings problems. So will I have issues with my flight, (im going by plane) etc.

214red

I meant more as in in the spiritual, and non-physical realm. I've heard its a bad sign, and brings problems. So will I have issues with my flight, (im going by plane) etc.

I don't think it's a problem, might be worth taking extra time etc to get to the airport? Eclipses often mean endings, if something is not working out then the eclipse can get rid of it or strengthen it if it's good. It also depends where it is in your chart, the one in may is 00 Gemini so it might be problem with flights, or any transportation as its ruled by mercury, so could be delays or miscommunication issues such as incorrect flight information. So double check everything before you leave.

Find out which house the eclipse is in, and where Gemini, Virgo and mercury are for the may eclipse to tell you more about where it could affect you. For the June one, look for Jupiter and sag.

SilentBreeze

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Also how do you figure out how the eclipse effects you personally using your birth chart and the eclipse chart? And how do you actually get an eclipse chart and find out where on the chart the eclipse is?

Minderwiz

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Also how do you figure out how the eclipse effects you personally using your birth chart and the eclipse chart? And how do you actually get an eclipse chart and find out where on the chart the eclipse is?

Some Astrological programs have this feature built in, however, if you don't have such a program I can tell you that it occurs on 20 May at 23:53 UT, and as Nikki says, it occurs when the Moon reaches 00Ge23 (3 minutes past the exact conjunction). It's an annular eclipse rather than a total one and therefore, even if it's daylight at your location, you will probably not notice anything. In NYC, the time will be 5 hours earlier, around 7 m but you will almost certainly not see anything. See here for more information.

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2012May20Agoogle.html

In a chart for a solar eclipse Sun and Moon are together and the nodal axis is close by. The closer the conjunction to the nodal axis the higher the chances of a total eclipse. You can set up such a chart by entering the time and date on Astro.com and include your own location (or even the location of your destination).

SilentBreeze

Thanks Minderwiz. I'll try it out

214red

How would an eclipse in a lunar return chart manifest? Lunar returns are the one returns chart I am not really using but I know that there is one in my friends chart in may

Minderwiz

How would an eclipse in a lunar return chart manifest? Lunar returns are the one returns chart I am not really using but I know that there is one in my friends chart in may

A lunar return chart is cast for the moment that the moon returns to it's 'natal' position.
For the eclipse to be in this chart requires hat the eclipse occurs on your natal Moon. This would be a very significant chart if it happens and someone somewhere will no doubt have this in their chart but the odds are against it (1 in 360).

Now it's possible to progress a lunar return chart in the same way that we can progress a solar return chart (though I do not do either) If you do progress the lunar chart throughout the month in which an eclipse occurs, the eclipse would really only have any significance if is close to an angle in the progressed chart.

If you take a more relaxed view, any one with a solar or lunar return from around 12:00 UT on 20 May till 12:00 UT on 21 May will have a conjunction of the eclipse Sun with their own Sun and to their Moon In the case of the solar return this might suggest that the coming year will be an important one, though other factors in the chart need to be taken into consideration. as with any other single feature that we focus on.

214red

thanks minderwiz that makes sense, one thing i have learnt about astrology is that everything is for a reason. for instance as i have said in the past i had a new moon in my progressions and my Sr, and guess what? in this months Lunar return i have an new moon, i checked to see if within my next sr year i have another new moon and i dont, i had one back in 2010 , and i my sr and mars return featured the cardinal cross and i found both of those significant. i also went back through some years and found a new moon in my lunar return when i had a major operation.

the eclipse is in a friend chart and i think its significant, just need to go through their natal and other returns to find out what its about