protection

hexy

silly question, but i don't know much about crystals etc.
i would like to get a protective crystal for my baby who will be born in July
what would be the right one to get ??

if you could please also say why or link me to a description of stone properties that indicate why, i would really appreciate it

thanks so much :)

RAVENAL

stones for baby

I cannot link you to any sources... but from personal experience know that rose quartz is an excellent choice...it is gentle and loving... calms and sooths...bringing harmony and peace...I have used it very effectively on Greyhounds who had been abused...it is in all their beds...and their waterbowl...It has stopped their nightmares and eliminated separation anxiety...my cats also love to curl up in the beds against rose quartz...the traditional stones for that birth month could be explored too...but some might have an energy pattern that is too stimulating for a newborn...these might be better used at an older age...I don't know what the stones for this birth month are...and sources often differ...but rose quartz with it's vibration of LOVE is a perfect choice to begin with...

rostie

like ravenal said rose quartz is an excellent choice!

and if your baby is getting tooths...amber/barnstone (i don't know if this is the right name in english) is a very good one for it...

if you want to know more about it just look with google...you will find so much info...

hexy

great thanks for your suggestions!

Kyrielle

Amber is a great protective stone with a gently glowing energy. Rose quartz is also very good. There is a kind of pink calcite called Mangano calcite which is also sometimes known as "marshmallow stone" because that's how its energy feels -- sweet and light and soft and fluffy and happy.

You might want to try amethyst also. It and rose quartz like each other and amplify each others' energy.

As far as July stones, ruby is the conventional birthstone. For the sign of Cancer, one of my books lists moonstone, aragonite, and silver. For Leo, it lists tiger eye, gold, and diamond (or substitute herkimer diamond or clear quartz). The book is "Crystals For Health, Home and Personal Power" by Ken and Joules Taylor. ISBN is 1-85585-686-7.

-- Kyrielle

rostie

Kyrielle said:
There is a kind of pink calcite called Mangano calcite which is also sometimes known as "marshmallow stone" because that's how its energy feels -- sweet and light and soft and fluffy and happy.
-- Kyrielle

i've seen this stone this weekend for the first time...really nice, very light colored pink, soft...and as you said: sweet, light, soft, warm, carrying energy...

(what i also have seen for the first time is lemon-opal and a sort of green opal too but forgot the name, i've never heard of this two before and never had seen pictures of it...strange)

coldsuns

Moonstone will be a great crystal for your cute baby too. Maybe Rose Quartz for a female and Ruby for a male. However, hope you will have a great baby!

coldsuns

Oh..forget that be careful when you are giving the crystal to your baby. Dont let your baby swallow it!! Try to get a crystal that is bigger than a mouth ^_^

hexy

lol @ ^
thanks everybody