Intersections: Tarot & Astrology

YDM42

I opened this thread to enlist the discussion of tarot and astrology. Nigel has made some very remarkable statements in this thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=969804&postcount=26

Not wanting to "hijack" that thread I'm wondering if that post pertaining to this can be move to an appropiate section, not sure if its tarot or astrology? Help, modertors?

dadsnook2000

Tarot and Astrology

The comparison of Tarot and Astrology is being carried out in an exercise that I am conducting as co-moderator on a Yahoo group, Tarot Transits. There, I am doing a mini-astro reading using one's Sun and Moon positions by sign-degree and house, plus having them ask a question that is addressed by a three-card spread.

What is interesting so far is that while there are no correlations between the tarot cards that come up and their astrological associations with the actual mini-astro reading (I use sign and house meanings, phase relationships and transits), the results of each side (astro or tarot) of the reading are either pretty much the same or are different-but-compatible views of the same issue. In all cases, the feedback has shown that the dual-readings are highly accurate.

Not enough examples have been done yet to determine any statistical facts; that may or may not be possible. But, it goes to show how much can be done with just a simple effort. Dave

YDM42

Wow Dave. I'm going to have to look up your group. What I have noticed is that certain horoscopes almost always detail certain tarot readings that I have done and I have on many occasions been able to look at a horoscope to understand a reading I'm struggling with.

I have noticed that during certain times- (astrological influences) certain cards become popular around here on the boards.