Mystic Fairy Tarot Discussion Thread (2007 and 2009 threads merged)

WaterSong

hello, I truly love this deck and with Hemera we agreed that we wanted to know more about it, study it and share with others that may like this deck too...

I have gotten very accurate readings using this deck, so I would love to go deeper in getting to know it...

I anybody is interested, please join in...we agreed to start from the Majors,I will start from the Fool( how appropriate :laugh:) ....we will do the Majors then go through the minors, just to keep some order and progerssion :)

So, welcome and please join in....

Love
Magenta

memries

Is the deck called Mystic Faery ? I am just starting really and only have one deck which scares me, the Brian Froud deck. I could buy another if I knew what to buy.

WaterSong

memries said:
Is the deck called Mystic Faery ? I am just starting really and only have one deck which scares me, the Brian Froud deck. I could buy another if I knew what to buy.

hello memries :)

Yes, the deck is the Mystic Faery Tarot by Linda Ravenscroft and Barbara Moore....it has a different feeling to the Fouds one, a different style....and I love reading wit it... you can see it here on At too...

Give a look to it, see how you feel about it....

:love:
magenta

Hemera

Welcome memries!
I think this deck is called The Mystic Faerie Tarot. I don´t think it is going to scare you one bit - except maybe by the accuracy of the readings :D

I know how you feel about the Brian Froud deck! I bought it a few years ago and I returned it to the shop because it freaked me out! I bought it again some years later. I still don´t know what to think about it,though, and it isn´t one of my top favourites. But I think I may eventually grow to like it.

But here it is the Mystic Faerie that rocks ! :D

faerylvr

Oh... I wanna play please... Skydancer and I are doing the reading exchange groups and I love this deck..

(But I absolutely adore my Froud Faeries :D )

I am doing a personal study of the Voyager Tarot right now and then am gonig to start one of these guys on my blog... this will be helpful for that.

WaterSong

faerylvr said:
Oh... I wanna play please... Skydancer and I are doing the reading exchange groups and I love this deck..

(But I absolutely adore my Froud Faeries :D )

I am doing a personal study of the Voyager Tarot right now and then am gonig to start one of these guys on my blog... this will be helpful for that.

you are welcome to play !

I am sure the Frouds Faeries won't mind if you play with these ones...they are all related! :)

xoxoox
magenta

franniee

I'm in...don't know what I am in for but I am ever the fool jumping in :D

memries

I thought I had answered here. Sorry.
It is my intention to buy the deck and can get it from Amazon but want to check out a store closer to home as the postage changes the price considerably. I am thrilled to be getting it and will participate when I do !
Thanks.