Mystic Dreamer Group?

Alan Ross

Thank you, Azurylipfe, for your comments on The Lovers. It would be wonderful if you could occasionally contribute to this study group, assuming it gets off the ground. Your deck clearly incorporates a lot of symbolic detail, not all of which is explained in the companion book. We would be grateful for any insights you would care to share with us :).

Alan

Alan Ross

Now that this group is official (thanks, Sulis :)), does anyone have any thoughts on how we're going to proceed? Do we start with The Fool and work straight through? Or maybe start a thread for favorite/least favorite cards? Any other ideas?

Alan

afrosaxon

Alan Ross said:
Now that this group is official (thanks, Sulis :)), does anyone have any thoughts on how we're going to proceed? Do we start with The Fool and work straight through? Or maybe start a thread for favorite/least favorite cards? Any other ideas?

Alan

Hi Alan,

One thing I'm doing as part of my personal study is: studying each group as a whole: Aces, Twos ,Threes, etc. I've gotten quite a bit out of comparing and contrasting each card within a certain number.

I'm also comparing/contrasting them with the Major Arcana card to which they allegedly correspond. For example, I examined the Aces and The Magician; the Twos and the High Priestess. stuff like that.

So maybe we can just start with groups of cards for now, and then we can add specific detail on each card if we want?

Just my $.02.

T.

mysticmanth

I am hoping to get these cards soon so i shall study them with you x x

Alan Ross

mysticmanth said:
I am hoping to get these cards soon so i shall study them with you x x
Hi, mysticmanth. It will be a pleasure to have you join us. Feel free to jump in whenever you're ready.

afrosaxon said:
So maybe we can just start with groups of cards for now, and then we can add specific detail on each card if we want?
I have a couple of concerns with having single threads devoted to groups of cards. It seems like it would be easy for the threads to become unwieldly if we get a lot of posters throwing in a lot of detailed comments on each of the different cards in the group. It could also be awkward trying to decide when to split off a group thread into single threads when posts get too detailed. And It could be a bit inconvenient for anyone looking through the study group for views on one particular card to sort through a group thread.

Perhaps instead we could start a thread on The Magician, then move on with threads for each of the four aces, then The High Priestess, followed by the four twos, etc. We can always add comparison threads if we feel the need after discussing the individual cards in question. Would that work for you?

Alan

meril13

Hello, i'm new to the site and to tarot. i just got my Mystic dreamer tarot about two weeks ago and would love to join the study group!

afrosaxon

Alan Ross said:
Hi, mysticmanth. It will be a pleasure to have you join us. Feel free to jump in whenever you're ready.

I have a couple of concerns with having single threads devoted to groups of cards. It seems like it would be easy for the threads to become unwieldly if we get a lot of posters throwing in a lot of detailed comments on each of the different cards in the group. It could also be awkward trying to decide when to split off a group thread into single threads when posts get too detailed. And It could be a bit inconvenient for anyone looking through the study group for views on one particular card to sort through a group thread.

Perhaps instead we could start a thread on The Magician, then move on with threads for each of the four aces, then The High Priestess, followed by the four twos, etc. We can always add comparison threads if we feel the need after discussing the individual cards in question. Would that work for you?

Alan

The study groups I've seen have been less than orderly. :laugh: Folks just usually post a card and their interpretation/questions, and others add their comments. I've found this to happen especially when someone has a recurring card(s) in their readings, and are trying to find the meaning in that.

In the New ORleans Voodoo Tarot group (and this occurred before I joined AT), the group did a study of all of the number groups (Aces, twos, threes, etc), THEN did a separate thread on each of teh cards (each ace, each two, etc.). That way, the similarities and differences were more apparent, and didn't end up unwieldy.

Do people prefer to start with the majors, or the minors, or what? I'm open to whatever.

How about you just post a card and we'll take it from there? :D

T.

Alan Ross

afrosaxon said:
In the New ORleans Voodoo Tarot group (and this occurred before I joined AT), the group did a study of all of the number groups (Aces, twos, threes, etc), THEN did a separate thread on each of teh cards (each ace, each two, etc.). That way, the similarities and differences were more apparent, and didn't end up unwieldy.

Do people prefer to start with the majors, or the minors, or what? I'm open to whatever.

How about you just post a card and we'll take it from there?

I'd be delighted to get the ball rolling. I'll start with The Fool tonight when I'll have my deck with me. I also don't see any reason why you can't go ahead and start off the number posts. Should be interesting.

Alan

Aleshyx

Is it to late to jump in on this group? The Mystic Dreamer's deck is my very first deck and I just got it a few weeks ago. I'm very interested in this deck and want to learn as much as possible about it.

Kathy24

I too would love to join this group. I recently got the Mystic Dreamer deck and have been looking at the cards, and I would love to learn more about them. :)