My "Daily" Spread

thorhammer

I don't do this every day, but many. I throw the cards at night, or late afternoon, as an overview of the day and to avoid the tendency to predictive reading. I find it to be very valuable to help me to "learn" to hear a particular deck speak, too.

1: What did I do well in today?

2: What do I need to leave behind in today?

3: What should I take forward from today into tomorrow?

The last card is particularly important, because it helps me to actually learn from the reading and take it forward, apply it to my "real" life.

I hope someone finds it useful :heart:

\m/ Kat

ETA: I've been working with this spread for months and months and never tire of it :) However, I wanted to add - I've switched the positions of two cards, so it looks thus:

I like "literal" positions :D what can I say?

Glastonbury Ed

That seems a really useful little spread, and I for one will be trying it out tonight when I get in! (before dinner ;) )

I think a daily routine of reflection will be an excellent thing to get in to, and with it being a 3 card spread rather than a single daily draw I would assume ones tarot skills will improve rapidly. I always like looking for relationships between the cards in a reading anyway.

For those of us who like a bit of predictive tarot there is always the option of a fourth card I guess.

Thanks, looks like a goodun :)

Mateo06

Awesome. I'll try it out tonight too. Many great people took time out of their day/week to reflect back, many recommend it if you wish to be a better person. This will work great!

Glastonbury Ed

I tried it last night and it was spot on! The third card particualrly was useful as it showed me an aspect that I really had been pondering whether to let go of or take action on. I shall take action!

Thanks again for a great spread!

Prism

Thanks! This looks like just what I've been wanting!

Jyscal

This is a really interesting and insightfull spread thorhammer, thanks. Id really like to use for myself, as well as when i read for friends or family, and only want to use a 3 card spread.

perilune

This is really interesting, and sounds like a great way to make sure I 'keep in touch' with my cards! I will definitely try to do this, starting from tonight!

thorhammer

I'm really glad that it's helping some people!

\m/ Kat

Jadex

Interesting. Just before I started my normal routine I was wondering if I could find a daily spread. I don't have time to do spreads in the mornings, so now I'm glad to see a spread meant for the end of the day.

2_Journey

thorhammer said:
1: What did I do well in today?

2: What do I need to leave behind in today?

3: What should I take forward from today into tomorrow?

I really like this spread! I have been doing daily 1-card readings in the morning with the Triple Goddess Tarot. This looks like a good compliment to that. I do like that it is meant for the end of the day, so I can avoid the predictive readings that for me can tend to create self-fulfilling prophesies.