Opening of key to tarot (OOTK)

archer1

I have been using the supertarot website for sometime now and have been trying to figure out this method, as to counting and pairing of the cards. Can anyone or does anyone have an alternate site that breaks this system down in a simplier way.

Thanks

Albert L

thinbuddha

get the book

I'd suggest the book (by the supertarot admin/author) "Tarot and the Magus". It is much more in depth than the site, and even though it is a bit hard to see what he is saying at times, you can figure it out- and it is very rewarding. I read prettymuch exclusively using a variation on his system, and it is much more satisfying to me than traditional "positional" spreads like the celtic cross.

Cheers,

-tb

MikeTheAltarboy

One thing confusing about that site is that he says you should count in the opposite direction every time you hit a court card facing your count. This is confusing, and not mentioned in any other descriptions of the technique. Everyone else says you count one direction consistantly.

I don't know if it would help, but you might check out Book T, which can be found online, which gives a summary, or The Golden Dawn by Israel Regardie, which has an example reading. the LWB with the Thoth deck describes it, as does the one from the Golden Dawn Magical Tarot by Cicero.

There's a thread going in "Spreads" too, you could check out, and some people there that use this technique. Ask any specific questions!

archer1

I appreciate all the input

thanks

rainwolf

There was another book that also made this method simpler, which was DuQuettes book on the Thoth. He layed it out in a very easy to read process. I think its an interesting spread and is worth looking into.

archer1

I recently pick up a deck of the the Golden Dawn magical tarot by the Cicero the book that comes with the deck is perhaps the best I have ever seen it lays out the whole method in very simple terms.....but the ten card layout is just as useful....

89 1 67
The tenth card crosses the one card..

Card 1 is the question or situation..2,3 are the subconcious 4,5 are the concious mind 6 and 7 are the past 89 are the future and 10 is the outcome....

works real well , but for some reason I can't read cards for myself.

The 2 and 3 cards are under the 1 card and the 4 and 5 cards are over the 1 card....