Which deck?

Emily

Sinduction said:
Whatever you do, don't get the green cards. I don't know which ones are not green but I have a green deck and I hate it.

I want to buy another large deck but am not sure if they will be green too.

I think, but I might be wrong, that all the greenies came in the white box. These are now getting harder to get hold of. So if you do have a white box greenie, keep hold of it even if you don't like to use it.

The decks you'll get now, in the green, blue and lavender boxes are all pretty much the same quality and with no green tint, so all you really have to think about is what size you want and do you want the extra cards. :)

Sinduction

Thanks for that Emily! I don't want to make the same mistake twice!

Abrac

Emily said:
I think, but I might be wrong, that all the greenies came in the white box.
I used to have a large deck published by Weiser that had green borders and it came a green box. Tarot Gardens Thoth Comparison Table doesn't show it though.

Emily

Was it just the borders that were green or the whole deck? A true green Thoth has a green hue over the whole of the card, it pretty mutes and washes away all the other colours. I too have a Weiser Thoth in a green box but the printing is normal, my greenie is a white box Thoth.

Maybe you got a rogue. :)

Edit

I've just checked the link you gave, it does mention that some of the earlier printing of the green box Thoth's do have the green tint, then they changed the printing so those probably wouldn't be abailable now.

The Thoth I have is the White Box C but the scans on Tarot Garden just don't show the true green colour which is more vivid than that scan shows. :)

6 Haunted Days

Abrac said:
As soon as I posted I went over to eBay and saw this. It's not a large deck after all. This is blatant false advertising. It's a kit with this deck inside. It's a standard size with three Magus versions. This is the one I have.

Now that I think about it, this has been discussed before in another thread.

Do you know the dimensions of the cards? I have the large one, green box, and the cards are just too big. I want a smaller one. There are so many versions, colours and sizes I just don't know anymore :confused: Thanks!

Emily

Hi 6 Haunted Days,

If you want the Thoth that is more standard in size, the US Games Lavender box Thoth with the 3 Versions of the Magus card might be what you are after. The cards measure 11cm X 7cm are are just about standard size. :)

ISBN 0-88079-308-2

Edit:-

Yes just checked, it is the deck that is featured in the link above - nice deck.

Abrac

I've been wondering about something. What exactly makes the large blue box version a "Swiss" version. Does it say Printed in Switzerland? Anyone know?

Abrac

Emily said:
Was it just the borders that were green or the whole deck? A true green Thoth has a green hue over the whole of the card, it pretty mutes and washes away all the other colours.
The ones I've seen have a greenish hue to the whole card. I didn't like the Weiser version at all. The colors were washed out and looked like bad celery. :D

But I have a US Games version, 8th printing (10 9 8), that looks very nice. The green is a lot darker, and rather than lessening its attractiveness it actually enhances it and makes it look mysterious.

Emily

I'm not sure what year my deck was printed in, I'll have to have a look at them and the LWB, but its the White Box C and its not so an attractive green - it did take me a while to appreciate this deck :)

gregory

If you are buying new, I think you'll find that all the ones in stores these days were printed by the same people in Belgium, so there is only the size to consider. :D

I have several, including a greenie which is rather fun........ I like the old borderless backed ones best, myself. But they are strictly e-bay stuff !