Travelling Faeries Log: Round 2

Alta

The Traveling Faeries: 2

The Journal

*​

Alta

I got quite a surprise this afternoon when I went over to the block of mailboxes. There was a key, which meant I could open one of the parcel boxes. I must admit, I puzzled a few seconds, mentally trying to recall if I had ordered any books. Then I got the parcel and the Custom's slip said it contained 'a pack of cards'. Now I know that I haven't ordered any tarot decks, and my birthday is long gone.

So, traipsed into the house, into the kitchen and opened it up. Still didn't clue for a few seconds, so opened the card from Jewel. :D :D

So, here they are in Ottawa, and in the nicest part of spring. I mean, is this faery season or what!! Half the street is awash in blossoming trees, the margins of the roads have the smaller wildflowers starting, early garden flowers are out and gardens are greening with perennials.

And I have the second Traveling Faeries deck sitting right here with me, plus the top secret surprise, hehe.

Okay, well if it sunny tomorrow (it is late afternoon now plus it has rather clouded over), I'll take the cards for a walk and get a few pics to post up.

And, since something is bothering me, I'll draw a card on it right now:
*soft drum roll*
Well, I got "Creative expression". A soft, plump fairy with long curly auburn hair looking pensive. Okay, not totally the guidance I would hope for, but I can see it in a certain light.

I think I'll take Jewel's suggestion and try it together with the Froud Faeries; gulp, hope the Froud Faeries don't start pushing this lot around.

Marion :love:

geministar

Hi Marion!

So you are the first cab off the rank for this round of the travelling fairies. What a nice surprise to find in your mailbox.

It sounds so pretty over there in Ottawa, in the springtime with the flowers blooming.

I would love to hear your experiences, if you end up combining the Froud's faeries with our travelling deck :)

Jewel

Marion said:
I think I'll take Jewel's suggestion and try it together with the Froud Faeries; gulp, hope the Froud Faeries don't start pushing this lot around.
Marion I am thrilled to hear they arrived safely!! :D :D :D

I don't think the Froud Faeries will push this lot around, I am going to ask them to teach me how to use and/or read the HwF deck. They tought me how to read the Fairy Ring (its their deck *LOL*), so I am sure they can help us learn how to maximize our use of this one. Maybe pull a Faeries Oracle card as a guide for your HwF reading??? just a thought and more ideas *LOL* ... you do what the faeries move you to do, don't listen to me *LOL :p

So nice to not be the only keeper of the secret anymore ~giggles~. Remember to sign the little booklet on your favorite faerie at the end of the week before you mail it off. You can use your real name of AT Nic, or both, you get the idea ... *LOL*

Enjoy the faeries! I look forward to reading about your experiences with them.

a_shikhs

The Faeries have reached their first destination. Yoohoo!!! :D I am so curious to know about the surprise now. ;) hehe.. Looking forward to hearing your fae experiences. :angel:

Alta

Well, I have been so busy with outside stuff that I realized I was letting my time with the Traveling Deck slip away, so I started a reading thread and have been enjoying it greatly.

Thanks for the suggestion Jewel that I use the decks together. I must say that the faeries have been giggling around me and throwing out suggestions and associations with the cards. And the Froud Faeries have not been bullying the Virtue faeries at all! In fact it is clear to me that they work well together.

Here are the Faeries in my back garden (sorry, just took my asthma inhaler and my hands were shaking).

Having fun!!!!

Marion

Attachments

• Traveling Deck 1.jpg
    Traveling Deck 1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Traveling Deck 2.jpg
    Traveling Deck 2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Traveling Deck 3.jpg
    Traveling Deck 3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 152

Kahlie

Wow Marion,

You have a lovely garden. I just killed off two of my plants accidentally, that I just bought... although how much of an accident it is when you leave them outside and forget to water them... ow well...

I thought about going by your Reading Thread, but you seemed kinda busy! =)

Glad to see you are enjoying the Fae, both of them :*

Kahlie

Jewel

Marion said:
I must say that the faeries have been giggling around me and throwing out suggestions and associations with the cards.
OHHHHHHH that soooooooooo does not surprise me *LOL*. From the feedback on your reading it thread it seems it is good association suggestions they are tossing around! I requested a reading, but honestly, if you don't have time you can blow my request off *LOL*.

Love the garden pictures!!!!

Alta

Kahlie said:
I thought about going by your Reading Thread, but you seemed kinda busy! =)
If you do want a reading, just post to the thread. I was going to mail the deck on Wednesday. xxx M

a_shikhs

Marion, the pics are lovely. :) The faeries seem to be enjoying the summery weather. :D