How do the coming future and outcome positions relate in the CC

SwordsQueen

Hi everyone .. don't know if this is the proper forum to post this question, but here it is.

With the celtic cross - well what I want to know is how the Near future position and Outcome positions relate?

Is one dependent on the other. Is it that one comes to pass before the other? Or does the outcome depend on the near future or vice versa?

I'll give an example. i recently did a reading in which 6 of wands came up in the Near Future position and the Queen of Swords came up in the Outcome. Will the victory represented by the 6 of wands come to pass with the action of the Queen of Swords?

Thanks!

ana luisa

I would see it the other way round. You will succeed in whatever you were doing (6 of wands) and that will lead you to assume and/or keep a new approach to things (fortright, honest, to the point - Queen of Swords style). Now that you mention it, you ARE a SwordsQueen !

berrieh

Well, everyone's CC is different (though these are 2 standard positions, if ever there were any).

To me, the Near Future (card 6) and the initial Outcome (card 10) are very much interrelated. But my Outcome card does not rely on Advice. There is an Advice card (card 9) in my spread, but it only addresses "how to handle" the Outcome. I draw another, extra card next to my Advice card, if I'm planning on using the Advice to change the Outcome.

I see the original Outcome (card 10) as something already present in the energies, whereas the Advice (card 9) as something that could either hasten a good Outcome (card 10) or bring a bad Outcome (card 10) closer to the Goal (card 4, at the top of the cross). Or, if the Goal (card 4) is a negative Goal, I actually read the Advice (card 9) as an explanation, psychologically, for why I'm sabotaging myself with such negative goals, and in that way Card 9 becomes Hopes/Fears, as it is in some people's CCs.

Considering all of this, my Near Future card (which I actually call Immediate Future) is really just the first glimpse of the final Outcome. It's what the Outcome initially looks like, but not what it really is. But, if you believed the Outcome was dependent on the Advice card---and had a different view of how Advice applied in the CC---then you would have a different relationship.

Eddie

SwordsQueen said:
Hi everyone .. don't know if this is the proper forum to post this question, but here it is.

With the celtic cross - well what I want to know is how the Near future position and Outcome positions relate?

Is one dependent on the other. Is it that one comes to pass before the other? Or does the outcome depend on the near future or vice versa?

I'll give an example. i recently did a reading in which 6 of wands came up in the Near Future position and the Queen of Swords came up in the Outcome. Will the victory represented by the 6 of wands come to pass with the action of the Queen of Swords?

Thanks!

Hi,
the near future always links with the outcome. If you think about it, what is about to happen has to have an effct on what will happen, its as simple as that.
In your example you have added another element, that of court cards.
This is how I would read those cards.
In the near future you will recieve some good news, possilly work related and there will be a woman, a queen of swords who will have an effect on your possible outcome. If you use backup cards or a clarifier card could specify how this woman could effect the outcome. It could be that the answer is already in the spread. Possibly in the 8 position.

SwordsQueen

Thanks everyone!! I am trying to move to bigger spreads when I read. All your advice really helps me think about the CC in a different way. I am still having a little trouble reading spreads with regard to the flow of events, and the interplay of energies. I seem stuck on the cards and the position only.

Perhaps I will post the CC reading in Your Readings with my interpretations and one or all of you can help me :).

Starling

In the version of the CC that I've used in the past, I actually have 3 outcome cards. There is a Near Future card, an Outcome card, and a Possible Outcome card (at the top of the cross).

The Horizontal arm of the cross is Immediate Past, Basis of the Matter crossed by a second Basis card, and the Near Future. Generally the Immediate Past is literally just barely past. The Near Future is going to come up right now, and is probably inevitable. The Outcome card (at the top of the Spear) is what will happen "if this goes on". If no changes are made, that is what you are going to get.

If it is a good outcome, that is fine. But if it isn't good, you look at the Possible Outcome for a different ending to the situation. It is available as an ending, but only if you make some changes. You can pull additional cards, or run a separate reading for advice on how to get to the Possible Outcome if that is where you want to go.

You can go to this thread for an example of an Old Reading where I did this kind of CC including what actually happened during two years after the cards were pulled.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=91811