Äkta Spåman Tarot

gregory

Does anyone else have this deck ?
http://lindaspaman.com/Akta-Spaman-Tarot
I just bought a copy, and I am considerably baffled. I am also very interested. The artist says in an email (after I expressed my bafflement)

i made this deck together with my graphic novel with the same name. Because thats my real work, grahic novelist and illustrator,i never thought that someone that didnt understand swedish would buy it.

Fair enough. But my Swedish is - not good. The cards appear to be titled in part based on Thoth titles - but not all, and there is no princess of Cups (Prinsessa i bägara). I am literally having issues trying to get the cards sorted into suits; the courts are easy (with that one exception) but - for instance - the card that would appear to me to be 8 Swords bears the title Omtänksamhet - which as far as I can make out is all about caring...

If anyone else here has it and / or knows anything. I would be MORE than grateful to hear your views. Or even how the cards fit the suits....

page of ghosts

I'm Norwegian so I'm supposed to understand Swedish pretty well. I don't have the deck but I'd be happy to help you out if you'd like - languages are fun!

Edit: omtänksomhet is indeed all about caring and showing love for other people, or other people doing that for you. Maybe this deck does a lot of it's own thing or has some other correspondances aside from Thoth-influence?

gregory

I have emailed her to ask !

In a day or few (the granddaughter arrives in a minute...) I will scan the cards, and you can see what you can make of them. I have the Swedish Thoth titles, but - as you see - they don't all seem to fit, though m,any do. I did use my trysot Svensk doctionary and also googe traslat and a VERY fine on line Swedish dic - but - well, 8 Swords as caring seems to very odd - but almost all the majors work (though I have yet to find the Wheel card !)

page of ghosts

I'll do my best - I tried to google around but the only thing of interest I found was a podcast where the artist does readings for other people I think. I was too lazy to listen to it but I'm sure it's good fun if I can be bothered another day though!

I looked through her instagram page and if you have a card called Lyxan/Lyckan (I couldn't really make it out but I think it's one of those) that could be a candidate for The Wheel. Lyx is luxury I think, and the card is usually called the wheel of fortune. I think I saw a little wheel in the card too. Lyckan is luck and I've seen the lady fortune spins the wheel and your luck might turn-take on this card before. Hope this helps!

csmith0406

I have no help to offer, other than to say you aren't alone in your confusion. I just sold this deck on Ebay because I could not make any sense of it, or even sort it into suits! Wishing you better luck than I had with it. :grin:

gregory

I looked through her instagram page and if you have a card called Lyxan/Lyckan (I couldn't really make it out but I think it's one of those) that could be a candidate for The Wheel. Lyx is luxury I think, and the card is usually called the wheel of fortune. I think I saw a little wheel in the card too. Lyckan is luck and I've seen the lady fortune spins the wheel and your luck might turn-take on this card before. Hope this helps!
I have Lyx AND Lycka... More later - I put it away when they arrived - not that they don't know I read - but the granddaughter needs to use my desk !

@ csmith0406

All I can say is - oh :( })

CosmicTarot

My understanding of the deck thus far (I don’t have it, but I played around with the online generator) is that it is a blend between an Oracle and a Tarot deck and that it does not have a clear system. I don’t think the artist took systems into account, which works for me, personally. Hence, it’s more of an intuitive deck. Here are some translated keywords and descriptions from the generator.

Eonen - The Aeon (I ditt minne finns svaret!)
Frid - Peace/Serenity (Stolthet leder dig ingen vart): Pride comes before a fall
Vällevnad - Overindulgence/Well-being
Balans - Justice/Temperance/Balance (Ta fullt ansvar för ditt liv och dina egna handlingar): Take responsibility for your life and your actions
Den hängde - The Hanged Man
Slöhet - Laziness/Weariness (Dra dig tillbaka för att samla kraft): Withdraw and re-gather your strength
Eremiten - Hermit (Hitta någon som kompletterar dig): Find someone who completes you
Styrka - Strength
Passion - Passion (Om det inte finns passion är det slöseri med din tid): If there’s no passion it’s a waste of time
Vagnen - Chariot (Det kommer gå bra): Things will work out
Sorg - Sadness/Grief/Hurt
De älskande - The Lovers (Du kommer att möta din tvillingsjäl!): You will meet your twin soul!
Grymhet - Cruelty
Narren - Fool (Se upp för de alltför våghalsiga): Watch out for those who are reckless
Månen - Moon (En ny tid väntar dig om du vågar ta steget)
Seger - Victory (Tveka inte): Do not hesitate
Universum - World/The Universe (Du kommer se allt klart och tydligt nu!)
Lycka - Happiness (Släpp taget om smärtan och gå vidare): Release the pain and move on
Inblandning - Interference (Lyssna inte på goda råd!): Don’t listen to good advice
Kejsarinnan - Empress (Unna dig allt du vill ha just nu) (Ägna mer tid åt din kreativitet)
Gagnlöshet - Fruitlessness (Lägg dina ägg i rätt korg)
Tornet - Tower (Det här är en möjlighet att lära känna dig själv)
Lustan - Desire (Ta det du vill ha!)
Vetenskap - Science (Vem vet bäst?): Who holds the answers?
Djävulen - Devil (Ta kontroll över dina begär): Take control over your desires
Misslyckande - Failure (Bättre att bli örfilad av sanningen än att bli kysst av en lögn): Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie
Prästinnan - High Priestess (Öppna dina ögon): Open your eyes
Tapperhet - Bravery (Det kanske inte kommer bli som du önskar): It might not turn out the way you planned
Översteprästen - Hierophant (Var försiktig med att ge andra råd)
Fullbordan - Completion (Det är färdigt): It’s done
Kejsaren - Emperor (En resa väntar): A journey awaits
Konsten - The Arts (Att vilja är inte nog! Du måste göra!): Wanting is not enough! You have to create!
Konflikt - Conflict (Lär känna din fiende): Know thy enemy
Fördärv - Ruin (Det är försent!): It’s too late!
Tillfredsställdhet - Contentment (Du förtjänar glädje!): You deserve happiness!
Överflöd - Abundance (Var här och nu): Be in the moment
Framgång - Prosperity
Omtänksamhet - Compassion (Kom ihåg dem som fanns för dig när du behövde det mest!)
Döden - Death (Rensa upp bland dina negativa och destruktiva relationer)

gregory

I agree that it's an interesting deck - and I've worked with the translator and my Svensk dictionary. But she does use suits - though why one princess is missing I do not know !

But as a primarily intuitive reader myself, that doesn't bother me anyway. I'd just like to sort the suits... ;)

CosmicTarot

But she does use suits - though why one princess is missing I do not know !

But as a primarily intuitive reader myself, that doesn't bother me anyway. I'd just like to sort the suits... ;)

Oh ok. Hmm, how do you figure out the suits? Do the cards have numbers or does it come with a guide book?

gregory

I was trying to match some of the titles with Thothy ones - as almost all the majors work with those - and also there are some where the image TOTALLY seems to fit.

I mean -the one I feel sure is 9 swords REALLY fits - cruelty !

and 10 Swords: Undergang has to mean something about undergoing stuff ?

But I have to not try this too hard at the moment - visitors, you know !