Twin Flames/Soulmates/ Karmic Ties

Ashalina

For me, the card that stands out THE MOST when it comes to TWIN SOULS is the 2 of pentacles.

The figure 8 representing the eternal tie of the unbreakable connection. The waviness/unsure footing of the character of the card highlights all too well the confusion and uncertainty of twin soul separation and balance in connection.

The number 2 signifying reunion as well.. though as the card shows there's uncertainty, suprise, balance and inevitably change.

(and yea, the 6 of cups will often come up too and the Ace of cups and the sun)

For KARMIC relationships - often Justice comes up for me aswell as the chariot which highlights karmic aspects in the black and white horses that pull the chariot.

For SOUL MATE relationships - the two of cups, six of cups, ace of cups, the sun.

Om_Vanya

Thank you Asahlina! I had never tied the Two of Pents to Soulmates, but now that delve deeper into the card I can the connection. The imagery on my deck (The Intuitive Tarot) looks as though the person is standing before a tunnel witha heart over it. It almost seems to invoke an invitation to step into the past. Thanks for the new perspective.

velvet

Karmic tie
Justice - This one comes frequently, you have some sort of karmic tie with someone. It could be for positive or something challenging. It all depends which other cards come with.

Tower - Another card that can come up, something that has to be let go or has to crumble because the lesson is over.

Twin Flame
Sun - Depending on which deck you have, this shows two twins together. So it could be your twin flame if you ask for the specific question. It could also be a soul mate or a good soul connection between two people.

Star - The water pool and she pouring the liquid become one, so this could also represent twin flame as well.

Soul mates
Ten of Cups | Ten of Pentacles - This two cards usually come up if a person was a soulmate depending on the category. It could be you were with someone and you formed a family, it usually comes next to court cards. Maybe this person was a family member or some sort of friend you shared a wonderful sharing.

Five of Cups | Six of Cups - Mostly, it means both people know each other maybe from a soul level or a past life. They come, but its time to say goodbye because your soul is ready to move on. So the five of cups is mourning and six of cups memories/feelings resurface back.

Lovers | Devil | Two of Cups - If the two of cups or lovers decide to come it usually comes with a positive card like the four of wands or with other cups. If the Devil comes a long it could have been a passionate intense sort of lovers and it could have crumbled with the Tower or Ten of Swords because of a past life situation

PrincessPaulina

I recently did a Past Connections spread, and the Fool appeared as the base card. I took this to mean that I am dealing with a past-life issue or connection, that is resurfacing anew in this lifetime...

siren85

PAMUYA said:
The Devil comes to mind when it comes to karmic ties.

I definately agree with this. I have seen this card come up many times when it involves a karmic tie... there is some kind of negative karma that needs to be worked out between the two so they can move on.

For soul mates... I dont know; there are different kinds of soul mates... parents, lovers, teachers, friends, ect. and so, different cards for different types of relationships. The Lovers/2 of cups indicates a romantic, loving, soul bond... the world... finding completion in the other person. But idk, it really varies.

Emsie

Strange

For me, the card that stands out THE MOST when it comes to TWIN SOULS is the 2 of pentacles.

The figure 8 representing the eternal tie of the unbreakable connection. The waviness/unsure footing of the character of the card highlights all too well the confusion and uncertainty of twin soul separation and balance in connection.

The number 2 signifying reunion as well.. though as the card shows there's uncertainty, suprise, balance and inevitably change.

For KARMIC relationships - often Justice comes up for me aswell as the chariot which highlights karmic aspects in the black and white horses that pull the chariot.

For SOUL MATE relationships - the two of cups, six of cups, ace of cups, the sun.

I used to get all cards from above and I still get them... Normally I do one card readings to myself, and there's always one out of these which appears! And in my real life situation this would apply so well, because I feel that me and my current love interest has something, a bond, which is undeniable!

And what's more strange is that I keep on seeing infinity signs and number 8's everywhere...

Rapiere

Ok, I know I may be commenting a bit late here, but I think that I REALLY have to agree on the 2 of pentacles! It's an amazing card that comes up for amazing and soetimes toxic relationships with their infinite ups and downs. If we look at the RW imagery, or even Tarot Illuminatti imagery we can see Fate playing with 2 people (pentacles), bringing them together across of all those troubled sea waters and everythung. I do adore that card (even though this interpretation doesn't go hand in hand with the more commonspread version).

Awakened Queen

I think of the Thoth 2 of Disks as the Twin Flame card, the 6 of Cups as the soulmate card, and the Moon as the karmic connection card.

Barleywine

I think it depends on what your own karmic needs are. If you need - as Monty Python so vividly said - "being-hit-on-the-head-lessons" - that would involve entirely different cards than if a spiritual mentor is what you require. The same would be true if YOU were expected to do the hitting or teaching.

My personal experience is that astrology (the art of chart synestry) is a more reliable tool in this area.

Grizabella

This might not sound sensible to anyone but me (that's common :p ) but I think just about anyone we cross paths with at any moment in our lives is one form or another of "karmic" connection. Every time we come into any kind of contact with another person, some of our "star stuff" we're made of shakes hands with their "star stuff" in some way. Even meeting someone's eyes as you pass them makes a difference in both of you.

I realize that a lot of people believe in that ONE person in the world who is their soul mate and they have ideas of utter compatibility and depth of soulful, passionate life with that one person. They think of it in a romantic way. If there is such a connection, my late husband is the closest I've come to it. I'm going to be 70 in a few weeks, so if he wasn't my soul mate, then I was probably waiting at the airport when the ship bearing my real soulmate docked.

Anyway, I think there are karmic ties between us and others at every turn. That's what I started out to say here. I do think, though, that Majors would be most likely to indicate the important ones. And for a romantic/karmic/ soulmate connection, I'd choose Temperance. My personal reading style is to read card combinations, but that's the one I'd pick if I had to pick just one.