Quest Tarot - Card of the day

sunflowr

Here is where users of the Quest Tarot can post their daily card draws and their thoughts/feelings on the chosen card(s).

BC Hockey Mom

Question...

I have read about daily spreads, daily cards etc. Can someone please explain these to me?

Thank you
BC Hockey Mom

Wisp Wings

reply to Joe-Ann

Hi Joe-Ann:

I have to hurry and get off of here, but did you get the book along with the Quest Tarot? The book is named "The Compass". If so, go to it and read pages 91 to 95. It gives you the spread and the positions of it there meanings. This is a really great daily to use. I did change the name for my use of this spread to be "Daily Three and Me" for journal purposes and since it is using four cards, felt it more proper.

If picking a single card as a "Daily Card" or "Card of the Day", it can hold two meanings and often blend to being just one.

One meaning is this is what is forecasted for you for the day, much as checking in with the weather cast for your location. So, if you draw say a Two of Cups reversed, you and your significant other could have a fuss or a bad day with each other. Therefore just be aware of instead of being joined like-minded for the day, that there could be a struggle or a difference of thinking that affects the day for the two of you. One thing to remember is we are still with will and brains. If you get this, you can often times changes the outcome just by having this heads-up. In this case, try to be more in union with him and don't bring up a situation you know you doing feel the same about. :)

The second way that these applications are used is meditative. The card you draw is for you to think about, focus on and study on that card for the day.

A big plus I think for you to do in addition to the Daily Three and Me, is just from the Major Arcana, in the order of them, do one card a week and devote time to that card. This way you can do the daily using four cards get to get hands on and see if you can see in them meanings of the day, but more so to work weekly on indepth study of a Major. Be sure to journal.

I don't know if I am telling you things you are aware of or talking down. Please know that this talk is trying to be of help to you. The Major Arcanas are dealing with the soul, spiritual, more important things that we all will move through and are cards to be studied and meditated on. The Minor Arcanas are more of the routine day in, day out things that happen in our flesh and blood daily life. So they aren't used for meditation but to see and understand the literal going ons around and about us.

Bright Blessings,

LadyGinny

BC Hockey Mom

reply to Ladyginny

Thank you SO VERY MUCH!....you were a great help! I am beginning to understand a bit more now. And "NO" you havn't talked down to me at all. I am TOTALLY NEW to tarot and really didn't know where to start and know NOTHING at all so far other than I've seen them a great deal when I have gone for readings...

I haven't gotten that far into the book but will NOW definately look up those pages and I'll post it so you all can help me if you don't mind.

LadyGinny said:
Hi Joe-Ann:

....A big plus I think for you to do in addition to the Daily Three and Me, is just from the Major Arcana, in the order of them, do one card a week and devote time to that card. This way you can do the daily using four cards get to get hands on and see if you can see in them meanings of the day, but more so to work weekly on indepth study of a Major. Be sure to journal..........

I don't understand something?? Are you saying to pull the Major cards from the deck? Is this something you normally do? Are they included when you do the daily three for me?....I'm just a bit confused....

The Major Arcanas are dealing with the soul, spiritual, more important things that we all will move through and are cards to be studied and meditated on. The Minor Arcanas are more of the routine day in, day out things that happen in our flesh and blood daily life. So they aren't used for meditation but to see and understand the literal going ons around and about us........

I didn't know that either....THANKS!!

I'll get a minute in the next day or so and will try this out and let you know how it goes...THANKS for taking an extra minute or so to help out!...I APPRECIATE IT!!

BC Hockey Mom

sunflowr

Re: reply to Joe-Ann

Also here we can post our daily reads (one card or the daily spreads) and help each other interpret. :) That is my hope for this thread anyway.

Logiatrix

Great Idea!

sunflowr,
i am very eager to participate!
i can't do anything daily right now, but i will try to contribute as often as possible.
i haven't been so enthusiastic about a deck in a VERY LONG TIME...this is wonderful!
:D

Wisp Wings

answering Joe-Ann

I wrote:
A big plus I think for you to do in addition to the Daily Three and Me, is just from the Major Arcana, in the order of them, do one card a week and devote time to that card.

You were asking what exactly I meant on this. For now since you have only the one deck, until you buy another one, I would start with 0 The Fool pull this from your deck and just hold in and look into it. The Compass tells you of how to relax, many books do. Basicly try to sooth and calm your being and take deep breaths. Look at the card and just notice all that you can see and sense about what this card may be saying to you. The "to you" is important, if you haven't heard this yet, there is no right or wrong way to understanding a card. When you are done for your meditative session, return the card to the deck. You will have to find it again each time you want to hold it and study on it. Allow yourself as much time as you can for a week to pull this card from the deck and to study over it, meditate on it and to journal what you think the card is saying, its meaning. If you don't get much time in one week, then take two weeks.

So in answer on how to do the Daily reading and doing this too, you will have to replace which ever card you are doing for the week. I would certainly start with the Fool and progress 1, 2, 3, and continue through all of the Majors.

Personally I think another great deck to get would be Universal Waite Tarot. It is a better colored deck of the original Rider-Waite that was made in the 1920's. The images are exactly the same, but the coloring of the Universal-Waite is so much better. Much of today's decks are based off of the Rider-Waite Tarot. Buying the Universal-Waite, you can at least get the root of what modern decks sprung from. Plus the majority of tarot books will usually base themselves from this standard or one of its clones. So it helps to have a hands on deck when reading one of these books too.

BC Hockey Mom

Thanks everyone!!

Ladyginny...I again appreciate your explanations!...I understand now what you were trying to tell me....I will do this and let you know what happens!!

You mention Journaling alot as well. I have been told for a long time to journal. I have started but then stopped again. I read alot about it here too....Is this really important?

Thanks for the help everyone...
BC HOckeymom

Wisp Wings

Why Journal

In a poetic sense the Fool is on a journey. We need to be on his journal. We need to envision ourselves as being the Fool and learning from each card he encounters along the way. On a different session of your weekly study card, see yourself as being the main character on the card and you have the Fool before you. With you as the main character what will you share with the Fool about you? What do you want him to take away knowing about your roll? This gives a different vantage points from which to learn from the cards. Since we are ultimately this Fool on his spiritual path, so should record his progression along the journey. Maybe the fact he is carrying his napsack is a way to say keep hold of the important things.

A practical standpoint, we learn more when we can relate to learning on several different levels. Reading, looking, studying the image, speaking aloud/reading aloud, and to draw are some. Key is to retain what you learn and to experience it. Journaling is one of the best ways. Will you in two years know your first sense in learning from Tarot? You will have a treasure of it, if you journal.

Don't be afraid. As a parent, the touching feeling of your child's baby book, think of it as this. All of the baby's first are recorded. You are making a literal book of yourself taking baby steps in learning the tarot. Your understanding of certain meaning of a card may change, other items will be right on and you will stick to it, cause you related well to it.

If you don't care for writing, then set up a Computer Journal and type away! Cleaning up errors is easier that way. :)

BC Hockey Mom

Re Journal!

Thanks again Ladyginny....

Now THAT makes sense!!....I love the way you refered to the baby books and that hit home for me! I love to read back and so do my kids. I KNOW that one day reading back on my notes and journal will help a great deal.

And the computer journal is much better for me and I never thought of that actually. I think that's why I didn't look forward to writing in a journal, but on the computer I could get right into it!!...thank you for that idea...

I have my kids with me 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off and this has been a crazy week. That's why I havn't gotten more into my cards...BUT next week I'm alone again and am looking forward to digging in!!...Now I have some tools with the help of everyone here to get started....Am I ever glad I came here, it has been a wealth of information for me from a band of wonderful experts!!

THANK YOU!!
BC Hockey Mom