Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - advance study - Sexuality

Sylvie Steinbach

This topic has been a popular request particularly regarding the use of the cards to identify the sexual preferences of an individual.

11-whip is the sexual card by nature.
6-clouds is the confusion card or the ambivalence.

In order to find out if a man or a woman is heterosexual, bisexual or gay you need to charge the key card that will represent your person.
I refer you to the book to know how to do that.

You will pull the cards until the key card shows up and you will continue until you find the whip. Observe the surroundings and see what your intuition tells you.

Let's do a case study together:

James met a guy last night at a bar and he is interested. However he is not sure this person shares the same sexual preferences that he does so he wants us to look into that. The first name of his new love interest is Karl.

Focusing on Karl and the man key card we have:

20 Garden + 13 Child + 28 Man + 32 Moon + 8 Coffin + 29 Woman + 6 Clouds + 11 whip + 30 Lily + 31 Sun

Please analyse this spread and break it down to explain your findings. Thanks!

Here is another case study we need to tackle as well as this is a typical reading:

George fell in love with one of his colleagues at work. Fred seems to be an attractive single bachelor who has no problem flirting with him. But George does not want to be hurt and he is asking for our help identifying the true sexuality of Fred and its availability in a relationship.

So we focus on Fred and the key card man. Here are the cards:

26 Book + 32 Moon + 28 Man + 20 Garden + 6 Clouds + 30 Lily + 22 Crossroad + 11 Whip + 18 Dog + 9 Bouquet + 29 Woman

Again give me your answers with detailed breakdown.

At this level we are introducing the multi level reading mentioned in the chapter secret 5 page 207. You should be able to handle a serial of cards and not get confused in your key cards and their purpose in your mind.

Let's see how you do :)

Sylvie

Phoenix Rising

Sylvie Steinbach said:

26 Book + 32 Moon + 28 Man + 20 Garden + 6 Clouds + 30 Lily + 22 Crossroad + 11 Whip + 18 Dog + 9 Bouquet + 29 Woman

Sylvie
Next to the man card "moon" once again it shows a man that is seductive and sensual, garden+clouds says that he is a very sociable man and mixes with all sorts of people. Book+moon tells me that he is secretive in his fantasies or discreet.Garden+ Clouds+lily, certainly shows that he does not have any real preference. Crossroad+whip certainly confirms that he is bi-sexual (crossroad)The dog also can indicate same sex partners(I think I remember reading that in one of the case studies) Dog+bouquet+woman to me says that he may already be involved with a woman or women, beautiful woman at that. I'm also wondering if he is a cross-dresser(crossroad-dual personality), and that when he is with men, he is dressed as a woman. The moon card next to him may indicate that he is a little feminine as well.

Whew that was bit of a toughie.

PR

Phoenix Rising

Sylvie Steinbach said:

20 Garden + 13 Child + 28 Man + 32 Moon + 8 Coffin + 29 Woman + 6 Clouds + 11 whip + 30 Lily + 31 Sun

Sylvie
I had actually done this case study before the other one but I think I accidently deleted the first half.

Child beside man suggests that he is shy and maybe just starting to hit the social scene garden+child. Moon shows that he is a sensitive, seductive or appear to others as such, he may also be feminine quality. He may also be going through a curiosity phase. The coffin next to moon indicates that he maybe going through an emotional period and grief, which had to do with woman.
Clouds next to whip show that he is confused as far as his sexuality is concerned, obviously the bad experiences brought on by woman.
Lily though to me says that he maybe a little old-fashioned in his thinking, and his years of heterosexual relationships maybe what he continues to go with, and once he finds the happiness(sun) within, he will once again get his vigor and energy back. The dog isn't in the spread so I don't know if he will a same-sex kind of guy. Unless the lily+sun means that he will be a late trier in a homosexual relationship and finds that he is quite satisfied with it.

I'd say he is only curious and confused because of failed relationships with woman, and that it's just a thought at the moment. The coffin before woman isn't a indicator that he is finished with woman.

Whew that was even tougher.

Sylvie Steinbach

Note

I will let this thread seat a little bit before answering both case studies in order to let others work on it even if they do not post. Since it was a popular request right from the beginning of my connection with the forum I think it is right to do so.

I will break down the 2 cases even if your answers are right -or wrong. So that students can see how to break down a full spread of that length without going crazy...

sylvie

LisaW

Karl

This was interesting!

28 Man is Karl, and is the key.
To the left of him,(Garden+Child) it hints at being a student. The Child+Moon cards surrounding Karl describe him as sensitive, creative, artistic. He's possibly some kind of art student, or drama student (?) or was. The other thing that hit me with just these cards was that he was probably very uncomfortable in social situations because of his undeveloped emotional state; not fitting in.
The Moon+Coffin combination hints that it's been rocky emotionally; that he has suffered his share of depression. But with the Coffin, it also says that there came a point, where everything changed, he had an important life alteration. Next to the woman, and considering the question, I think he realised and accepted that he was gay. He went through a rough time of being harrassed, and being threatened, which spurred on confusion for awhile; but now, with the Lily +Sun he is now comfortable within himself and happy. He has found himself and is accepting of who he is.

Hope I expressed that correctly :)

LisaW

LisaW

Fred

Fred is not what he seems! The 26 Book +32 Moon tells me that he is hiding something about his emotional side, about how he really feels. The Moon+Man says that he's charming, and the Man+Garden says that he's popular, social and fun. He's a likeable guy!
The 6 Clouds +30Lily hints that there has been mental confusion with him, possibly concerning an older male around him. The 22 Crossroads says to me that he's had alot of opportunities when it comes to Sexuality (11 Whip). He has probably been with many partners and been promiscuous.
Here's the rub though, the 11 Whip + 18 Dog says sexual partner, with a lovely friend (Dog + Bouquet) who happens to be female!
So I would tell George, that Fred is probably Bisexual, or hasn't made up his mind yet which he is!
I would gently warn George, that the odds of a loyal relationship with this one would probably not happen. He'd be opening himself up for a roller coaster ride, and the guy isn't being honest!

LisaW

Sylvie Steinbach

Let's work together!!!

The child next to the key card -man- shows a young maybe immature individual. The garden adds to the feeling that this is a popular male attracted a lot of attention probably because of that innocent look.

The moon shows his sensitivity, his emotions and the coffin in front of the woman card indicates women in general are his type. The clouds confirm that insight!

The sexual card -whip- requires special attention -remember we are doing a multil level reading at that point! Clouds show confusion in the past regarding sexuality and the lily can be associated with older men. The masculinity is reinforced by the sun -male, ego- which confirms again his sexuality is more confortable with men.

To summarize the spread we have a younger man who is definitively not an heterosexual but attracted sexually by men -older and successful ones- who would not be interested in the female gender at all -mistrust and maybe dislike toward them!

That is the kind of break down I like to see...

ana luisa

A question for Sylvie

I've been following the responses for this thread and I had a doubt. What would indicate a sex change ? The scythe ? I know it's important to look at the surrounding cards but I remember from previous studies something mentioning the scythe as an indicator for surgery.

Sylvie Steinbach

More work together ;)

We will do the same with the other exercise:

The moon next to the man card show his emotions and his sensitivity. The book probably refers to a secret life, not showing his true emotional preferences...

The garden demonstrate his popularity that the moon adds on to. Maybe this person is so popular or known in circle because he has some reputation in his field. The clouds create confusion next to the lily that brings forward older men -remember we are working on sexuality here.

The whip -sex- again is another important key card with next, the crossroad -ambiguity- and that should be a red flag here that something is up! why? because next we have the dog with the bouquet and the woman card. The dog brings friendliness and positive vibrations toward the female gender. More red flags here!! Since confusion stands before the lily -men- and we have that crossroad that follows -duality! this could tell us we have a guy here who is not sure he likes men as much as he likes women.

So if the issue is you have a gay client asking about this man and that is what comes up there is going to be some problems for your client. The man we are looking at is not Gay but at the most bisexual with a larger preference for women.

Not very good for a confident gay client to go seduce that kind of men. He will most likely be disappointed by this new love interest...

I hope this helps you understand why this is such an important topic! you will have gay people who want to know if this new love is real!! and sexuality is also a reason sometimes things do not work out long term. Being able to Id someone's preferences even if they do not know themselves can be a life savor.

Questions anyone???

Sylvie Steinbach

Ana Luisa

No card by itself can answer that... you have to have many indicators and several questions to come up to that conclusion. You can submit a case study -PM me first please!! if you have one on that topic of sex change...

lol
sylvie