$100 Llewellyn Voucher - what would you buy?

tjejen

I suppose I would buy $200 worth of stuff because I couldn't decide:confused:

Diana

This is EXACTLY where I'm at Diana! My cart is currently at $189.90

You folks have given me such awesome recommendations, some that I've never really considered.

At the top of my list is the Green Witch Deck, which I fell in love with instantly when I watched a review on youtube. I will definitely grab that one and I have a feeling it will be in my regular reading rotation.

The voucher is for the Llewellyn store (http://www.llewellyn.com/) - so I'm not restricted to the decks they published, but the whole range they distribute.

Ridiculous that I didn't have a wish list before (I was content with my little collection and still am) but I don't think anyone is going to have to ask me what I want for my birthday for many years! I've discovered a bunch of decks I love that Llewellyn don't even sell!

tjejen

ooh that's what I was going to ask...

Does anyone have the Viking Tarot? I've read the reviews here and had a look on youtube but I'd appreciate any input you have :)

gregory

I QUITE like the Viking. I like it a LOT more than the GreenWitch - which someone here dumped on me (as a trade) because they hated it....

Another vote for Aly Fell's Steampunk. And if you don't have Pagan Cats, that's a MUST.

DownUnderNZer

Self confessed shopaholic here, but at least not for mundane things like shoes or clothes. Way too boring!!!! Shame though as most of my decks only get opened, looked at, then put away in boxes then locked in closets. :D

Have been good about my Tarot diet though and for some months, but am now about to buy:

Steampunk
Green Witch
Hidden Realm

and....

maybe Revelations.

If not to read - then at least for the artwork. :thumbsup:

Have Pagan Cat, but might get an extra larger one.

tjejen

I think I've narrowed it down to

Green Witch (unless Gregory wants to send me her hated set lol :p)

Shadowscapes

Steampunk

and Viking

That comes to $109.84 + postage to Sweden which is fairly good considering :p I'm not sure my husband is in agreement though.

The only one I'm wishing I could sneak in is the Ceccoli tarot - but even though they're only cheap (especially the mini's) I don't think I'd read with them I think I just like the pretty pictures.

journeyinghome

I QUITE like the Viking. I like it a LOT more than the GreenWitch - which someone here dumped on me (as a trade) because they hated it....

Another vote for Aly Fell's Steampunk. And if you don't have Pagan Cats, that's a MUST.

Sorry gregory! (*JH feels guilty now*)

Bosch Tarot? Golden Tarot of the Tsar? Both are intriguing :)

gregory

Sorry gregory! (*JH feels guilty now*)
No - I don't hate it - but I certainly wouldn't recommend it as a top purchase - and I was basically alerting people that there are some who really can't stand it. Quite a few if you look at the threads about it. No guilt - it saved me money on buying new. I would have done so !

JylliM

I had the Viking. It's pretty to look at. But one night I was looking through it and realised that I would never ever be drawn to read with it, so I sold it on eBay. Haven't missed it so far. It is too narrow a theme for me. I know the Steampunk (which I recommended) is a themed deck, but you don't have to interpret the cards through the prism of a character and the associated mythology. It speaks straight to you, whereas I feel with the Viking you'd have a whole lot of filtering to do.

ETA:Agreed re the Pagan Cats.

GlitterNova

Does the gift card have an expiration date? If it was me I'd rather save some of the money for possible upcoming great decks than spend it all now on *meh* decks. OR... I'd go on the Tarot Trading forum, find a rarer/more expensive deck I was looking for, and see if I could trade it for some new Llewellyn decks of their choice : D

tjejen

Well I'm definitely going for the steampunk coz its just gorgeous.

The Green Witch, I hear the criticism, and I've done some more reading but I still think its lovely and I wants it :)

The shadowscape I'm umming about and the Vikings.

I can't really pin point why Im umming about shadowscape.

Vikings, I hear the criticism, and the art isn't really my thing - but the Scandinavian mythology is and I'd really like a norse mythlogy deck.

I think I'm going for stuff I wouldn't normally buy with 'real money' if that makes sense. This is a rare opportunity for me to spend $100 on a pure extravagence. I don't read professionally and I'm not sure I'd ever end up collecting so to have the luxury of spending this money without having to worry is also kinda fun :)

I only read with my druidcraft atm. My other decks are for the art and my poor mythic tarot was at my mum's house in Australia and now she says she can't find it :'(

I'm hoping I'll read with at least two of these - but if I don't I still love my druidcraft :)