Dream about tying laces

palin

Good morning

I had a dream last night. An image has stuck into my mind and I'm wondering what it means.

I'm queuing up in what seems to be a McDonald type of place...I'm look at my shoe and a young man is tying his shoe to mine. In my dream it makes me smile because this young man is trying to get my attention, to get my attention but I know he is too young for me but I find it cute.

So I'm able to work out that this dream might express my my fear of growing old..is there anything more to it? I've never had a dream about tying laces...

Thanks for helping..

samantha

Hi Palin .

Do you have a desire to get married ? The phrase " Tying the knot" came to
mind . If yes ....maybe you are waiting for someone else (here the young man) to make the first move , or I should say propose !

I don't know the significance of McDonalds . They are ubiquitous these days, the staus quo . Does this say anything about your views on marriage or , as above , who does the *running* in a relationship . (Were the shoes sports shoes ? sneakers ? )

I don't re4ally have any answers for you . But an interesting dream !

palin

It's true Samantha I do have a desire to get married but I'm not in a relationship...I don't even have a person in mind.

What stuck in my mind was the feeling that yes this was a very cute thing to do but I had unfortunately to push this young man away gently...due to his youth...

samantha

palin said:
It's true Samantha I do have a desire to get married but I'm not in a relationship...I don't even have a person in mind.

What stuck in my mind was the feeling that yes this was a very cute thing to do but I had unfortunately to push this young man away gently...due to his youth...

Well....the last part "push him away ....too young" sounds like a conventional stance to take ? Which goes back to what I was saying , badly! , about the symbolism of Mcdonalds : the status quo , the *norm* . (And hardly a good one ?!)

I think you need to re-dream this one ! Take yourself OUT OF McDONALDS and relocate yourself and young man in some intimate bistro !!

mza

Your dream is very similar to this advert . I'm wondering if you've ever seen it. If so then what the above poster suggested may well be true. Please ignore any negative comments about the ad, that is the only link i could find for it on you-tube.

http://www.bad-ads.co.uk/match-com-advert-331

palin

No I've never seen this advert before...it's interestin the metaphore with shoe laces, I've never thought of it and can't remember anything related to shoe laces that has happened to me lately and which could have triggered the dream.

Thanks for the link.