Alchemical Tarot Study Group

1Eleven

Thanks for sharing; is this posted somewhere or via email? I noticed the alchemical site expired the end of January. I ordered the new book but I guess it will be a while before we have a copy. Enjoy the teleclass!

Bhavana

posted today by Robert:

"There are at least 50 people who are getting the book as a perk for contributing to the Indiegogo campaign. For others, you can order the book for $26 plus $7 shipping in the US and $10 in Europe and Canada. To order email me at robroseplac@aol.com."

Jeez, is it a big hardback? Why so pricey?

RexMalaki

Jeez, is it a big hardback? Why so pricey?

not sure...I'll tell you when I get a copy though...might be because it is self-published?

RexMalaki

I received my book yesterday. It is a paperback, 251 pages; titled "Alchemy and the Tarot: An Examination of the Historic Connection with a Guide to The Alchemical Tarot". It has a list price of $26.00 US.

Contents:
Introduction
1. History of Alchemy
2. The Basic Concepts of Alchemy
3. The History of the Tarot
4. Interpreting the Allegory
5. Interpreting the Minor Suits
6. The Cards of the Opus
7. The Cards of the Four Elements
8. Divination
Bibliography
About the Author

I started reading it this morning! Good stuff already!!! I am looking forward to this group study of the Alchemical Tarot...

1Eleven

Hi,
How is your print quality? I received mine last week and it looks like it was printed on an old dot matrix printer on some pages. I haven't had time to begin reading, yet, but I'm looking forward to it... even with the awful print run.

Jon

RexMalaki

I haven't noticed any problems yet...what pages look bad in your copy? I'd like to look at mine to see if maybe I missed something...

Maybe you should exchange it if you got a lemon... I got a creased Fool card in my 3rd edition deck and R. Place got a replacement in the mail the same day I emailed him.

I put my treasured, old-faithful, Ancient Italian Tarot on the shelf and pulled out my Alchemical Tarot Renewed to start getting the feel of it prior to the start of our IDS.

Cocobird55

I got the Alchemical Renewed deck a few months ago, and got the book this past week. I'm in the process of reading it. So far I'm enjoying it a lot, and have a much better understanding of alchemy. I would like to join this study group.

RexMalaki

Wonderful! Welcome Cocobird55, that's six of us if everyone is still in...

1Eleven

The last few pages of the book... maybe they were running out of ink.

Jon

sapienza

I'm not around a lot at the moment but will definitely keep an eye on this study group and hopefully contribute when I can. I don't have the new book, but do have the original.