The Judge and Jury Yes/No Spread

Awakened Queen

I created this spread after not liking the options for yes/no spreads out there. There always seemed to be some issue with them. I based it on the idea of a courtroom. There is a judge and a jury of 12 members who make the decisions.

Ask your yes/no question.
Pull 12 cards. - This is the Jury.

YES CARDS: EVEN NUMBERED (EXCEPT TENS), MAJOR ARCANA (EXCEPT THE FOOL), ACE OF CUPS, ACE OF WANDS

NO CARDS: ODD NUMBERED, TENS, THE FOOL, COURT CARDS, ACE OF PENTACLES, ACE OF SWORDS

Yes cards are placed up at the top of the spread one right next to the other. No cards are place down at the bottom one right next to the other. At the end, tally up how many yes cards and no cards to decide if it's a yes or no answer. If you reach a tie, you're not supposed to know right now.

Say you receive 8 cards in the yes section, this would mean a YES to your answer. Read the cards in the yes section to gain more insight on why it's a yes. And do the same if you receive more no cards than yeses. Read the cards in the no section to better understand the answer.

Let me know what you think and feel free to ask questions :)

I forgot to mention that you (the reader) is the Judge!

Tanga

Have to say - I really am rather attracted to this yes/no. Has more detail (rather than the one card either-or show) and is easier to remember than other multi-card forms - presently.
I'm off to play with it...

Thankyou!

rwcarter

Nice idea. I like how you divided the cards to make the jury impartial. :)

Hemera

Great spread. I have added this to the Index.

leicslwt

Great spread!

Great spread!! Tried a few times, really liked it!

Laurelle

That is a great idea! Thanks for posting.

Awakened Queen

I'm glad everybody enjoys it. It worked pretty well when I tried it out a few times.

littlestar

Very interesting spread, just tried it and it looks fabulous, thank you for posting.

Mystical13

I have recently been looking for yes and no, this looks like fun :)

Thank you for sharing, will go try it out and give you feedback in some time.

Happy Days

summeryjoy

Hey!

This is certainly an interesting spread. But would you tell me on what basis you have decided which cards mean yes and which mean no? I kinda get the even and odd cards part. But I don't get the Part about the Fool for now or all other major arcana for yes. Also, why do only two Aces mean yes?