Have anyone heard of this Tarot pack?

willowy

I have this deck,its quite nice really,especially since it was bargin priced.Its a marsielle style deck,cards are slightly smaller but wider than usual tarot decks,cardstock seems average.The book is really good actually,gives little bit of history,how to get to know the cards,reading for yourself,how to give a good reading for others,eight spreads,keywords and meanings both upright and reversed.
Only minus point being is that it comes in one of those combined book/boxes which are abit awkward to hold and read.
I can post some pics should anyone wish it.

gregory

There are pix here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=274334 as well as in the etsy link. I like the way the deck sits in a well in the box - it has its own tuckbox, so you can carry it around in that.

ETA
I've seen this deck in the flesh. The cards are huge. I'm really not a snob (I don't think?) but this deck reeks of 'cheap and nasty' to me. Oh dear, that sounds so damning! Others might like it but the size of the cards turn me off immediately.
Jylli - are you thinking of nisaba's washable TdM ? This is NOT that deck , and is not at all like it.

teomat

I'm very tempted by the cheap price. I don't suppose someone can share a picture of the Fool (a dealbreaker for me)? And are the pip card meanings different from the usual RWS/Golden Dawn ones?

JylliM

There are pix here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=274334 as well as in the etsy link. I like the way the deck sits in a well in the box - it has its own tuckbox, so you can carry it around in that.

ETA

Jylli - are you thinking of nisaba's washable TdM ? This is NOT that deck , and is not at all like it.

Hi Gregory, sorry, must've been a case of mistaken identity. I thought it was one I saw in a shop, which really was cheap and nasty. Sorry for the misleading info!

gregory

Hi Gregory, sorry, must've been a case of mistaken identity. I thought it was one I saw in a shop, which really was cheap and nasty. Sorry for the misleading info!
You may have done. No problem - I just wondered if you were conflating the two. Nissy's waterproof one is REALLY tacky - and wonderful to use with coffee...

JylliM

You may have done. No problem - I just wondered if you were conflating the two. Nissy's waterproof one is REALLY tacky - and wonderful to use with coffee...

I may have seen Nisaba's waterproof one, I can't remember. I might ask her to drag it out next time I see her. Maybe we can check to make sure it's coffee proof as well. :)

nisaba

Nissy's waterproof one is REALLY tacky - and wonderful to use with coffee...

I'm a genius at finding really awful decks that belong in every collection. But I have Le Fanu to thank for that particular horror. :angel:

Wulfrun

I bought this Tarot Wisdom deck totally blind as I couldn't find any pics of it anywhere (didn't see that one on Etsy!) It was so cheap I couldn't resist it and thought I'd give myself a surprise! Anyway, I'm so glad I bought it because this seems to me to be a modern variation of the Ancient Italian/Soprafino deck and I LOVE it!:D As can be seen from the Etsy pic, even the backs are gorgeous, and the card stock is nicely sturdy and non-sticky. A winnerIMO!:thumbsup:

Morwenna

I think I saw this in a store recently and left it because I didn't have a clue... That box looks very familiar!

teomat

I got this deck/book set this week too, and am also smitten with it. As Wulfrun says, it's heavily based on the Soprafino decks but with quirky variations thrown in. The art style is more simplistic and naive, but still charming. I love it's basic, beginner feel and the smaller deck size.

The book isn't bad either - colourful and glossy. The whole set is clearly geared towards a newbie, and would make a nice gift. And it's soooo cheap!