Wheel Of Fortune as Outcome: Examples..?

IndigoWaves

Hi, Everyone! :)

I'd love for the people on here to post examples of things that actually came to pass when they've drawn Wheel Of Fortune as the Outcome/Card 10 in a Celtic Cross reading, especially re. Rider-Waite (only deck I've used, so far).

In your experiences, does the result of such a reading (WOF = Outcome) tend to bring more of an internal change, as opposed to an external event..? Does this Outcome show that the question is more out of the subject's control/in someone else's hands, or does it indicate that the subject, him/herself, will take control and consciously or unconsciously induce change re. the spread's question..?

Still trying to wrap my head around this card, so thank you for any examples!

Frannie

I've gotten The Wheel of fortune as an outcome in a couple of readings. IMHO it is about how you face the events that are not in your control. The wheel goes round and round, and it's up to us to adapt to changes. As an outcome I see it as unfolding events are not under the querent's control, but it is up to the querent to accept circumstances, wheter good or bad, a turning point of events is about to happen.

IndigoWaves

Frannie said:
I've gotten The Wheel of fortune as an outcome in a couple of readings. IMHO it is about how you face the events that are not in your control. The wheel goes round and round, and it's up to us to adapt to changes. As an outcome I see it as unfolding events are not under the querent's control, but it is up to the querent to accept circumstances, wheter good or bad, a turning point of events is about to happen.
Thanks for the input, Frannie! Your description does fit with what I've often come across, too.

It's just that the "out of your control"-ness seems in contrast with the 4 figures calmly studying from books on the Rider-Waite card... To me, the WOF as Outcome suggests that if the subject can concentrate and learn enough about whatever question the spread is regarding, they could then turn the Wheel in a desired direction - But I haven't any solid examples of this occurring. (I'm a Tarot Newbie, though; haven't that many reading results to go by - Hence the post... ;))

As I examine it, the Wheel Of Fortune also has an "up in the air" feeling (maybe it's all of those clouds in the Rider Waite card), almost like whatever the question is about has yet to be determined..? Or maybe the clouds/sky and apparently studying figures show a mental, "Air" aspect to this card - as in how well the subject has studied/needs to study in regards to the question at hand, to bring about a positive result..?

Anyone have specific events to share that came about after a WOF as Outcome reading, and whether or not it seemed of the subject's control..?

*Enjoying this site very much!* :)

willowfox

A few weeks ago I got the Wheel as an outcome in a question whether a certain business venture would be successful, and the outcome was a great success for me and as there was also an element of surprise involved, I was very luckily surprised.

Frannie

Just my 2 cents, and I'm very glad you are enjoying it here! Best wishes to you :)

IndigoWaves

willowfox said:
A few weeks ago I got the Wheel as an outcome in a question whether a certain business venture would be successful, and the outcome was a great success for me as there was also an element of surprise involved, so very luckily surprised.

Cool - So in that case maybe the Wheel indicated that you had "studied" and prepared enough re. the business venture to bring about a positive result..?

Interesting stuff! :)

IndigoWaves

Frannie said:
Just my 2 cents, and I'm very glad you are enjoying it here! Best wishes to you :)
Thank you - I'm actually almost giddy with all the info here..! Wheee! :D

willowfox

IndigoWaves said:
Cool - So in that case maybe the Wheel indicated that you had "studied" and prepared enough re. the business venture to bring about a positive result..?

Interesting stuff! :)

Yes and no, as I was very surprised at how well the affair turned out.

IndigoWaves

willowfox said:
Yes and no, as I was very surprised at how well the affair turned out.
So perhaps with the Wheel Of Fortune as Outcome, the event will always seem like it came from "out of the blue"... Maybe it shows that the time has come for a windfall, if the subject has managed to learn/concentrate/observe enough along the way... If not, maybe something would happen to the subject that they find overwhelmingly unpleasant, or out of their control..?

Also, I wonder if the Wheel Of Fortune as Outcome does usually describe a concrete, external event in the person's life. It looks like a very mentally-active, Airy card, so might it also indicate a more internal event, like a mental breakthrough/breakdown, or a revelation of some sort..?

casia

I`m glad we are talking about the WOF, it is such a difficult card for me to read. When it is at the begining of the reading it is a new cycle, in the middle obstacles and at the end the end of a cycle. But then again, I`ve also interpreted this card as turmoil and a while a go in the outcome of a reading as very good and positive results due to the fact that all the cards before that one were very positive and escalating to something good.

Maybe, as always, this particular card has to be read in context with the rest of the reading......just a thought.