$&@#%

psychedelicprincess

Of course the readings will be skewed if you're not playing with a full deck, lol. But that may not be a bad thing...

How many of the majors do you have? Majors-only readings can be very enlightening. Some tarot folks say that there are actually two separate decks (E. Connolly, for example), the majors deck and the minors deck.

If you are only missing a one or three Majors, someone may be able to help you in the Lost and Found Thread here. You may want to look into it, since this is obviously a special deck with sentimental value.

Im missing one major, the wheel of fortune.
Cool, I'll take a look at Lost and Found. TY.

psychedelicprincess

I'm of the belief that nothing happens by accident and that whatever message you got from those readings is what you were supposed to get. :) But whatever you choose to do about it, definitely recount the cards. I've had the same experience as canid....counted cards, found I was shot...counted again and they were all there after all.

yeah I tend to agree with you. but now that I know the deck is missing cards I probably wot use it anyone.

psychedelicprincess

Normally I'd be inclined to suggest what everyone else has. But if the deck came from someone you care about ... and it was their loved working-deck ...

What the hell. It's got sentimental value. Use it. :)

I bought a brand-new MRP deck (their fairy tale, from memory), and it had two of one card and none of another unrelated card. I wrote to Karen, offering to send the extra back but I got to keep it, and she sent me not only the missing card from the deck but a second title card, signed and dated by the creative team. Score!

If you genuinely didn't know, then no, certainly not if the readings weren't hard to do. The deck would have found a way to talk to you. Now that you know there are missing cards, yes. You'll never be able to read with it again, knowing there are holes in it and wondering if there are holes in the readings.

^ yes, I feel that's true. I will probably retire it until and unless I can find the cards I'm missing and add them to my deck.

psychedelicprincess

I have two decks exactly alike that I read with and somehow two World cards ended up in the same deck. I was doing a reading and it turns out I needed both World cards for an accurate reading for this person. I feel nothing happens by accident, it was meant to be. I usually do count my cards just to make sure they are all there. As for the readings being off, I would redo the readings, you might be surprised the reading come out with the same answer.

I totally have this feeling that if I redo the readings they will come out the same, just like you say, so I haven't redone them yet... :)